Cybersyncs in Flight
/forum/topic/1176237/0

_Rob_S_
Total Posts: 1217

I want to take my Cybersync transmitter, one receiver and the camera adapter cord for a family photo. We're traveling by air. Anyone have experience getting through with these (US domestic)? Carry-on or checked? Camera will be carry-on.

TIA,

Rob

Dave Good
Total Posts: 744

I'd remove the batteries and pack them separately, especially since there is no on/off switch. Shouldn't be a problem with security as it's part of your photo gear.

Two23
Total Posts: 3649

Twice now, I have traveled with x8 Nikon SB-28 flash, x8 CyberSync triggers, x2 CyberSync transmitters, two Nikon DSLRs, and two spare batteries. That's a total of about 50 AA batteries. I ran it all through carry-on at Omaha, Chicago (O'Hara,) Kansas City, and Sioux Falls airports. No one cared. One TSA guy said, "Holy smokes that's a lot of batteries!" No problems.

Kent in SD

robstein
Total Posts: 1221

Do NOT call them "triggers" if asked (seriously, it's all perception)..... Just say photo stuff or something. I have had no issue on flights (domestic US and international) with them.

_Rob_S_
Total Posts: 1217

Just a follow up for future searchers...

I ended up putting the Cybersyncs in the checked bag sans batteries. The batteries traveled in my carry-on camera bag. No questions, no issues. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Rob