family photo session in park
/forum/topic/1176232/0

Shootmegul
Total Posts: 90

Sharing few from a recent session all natural light

Thanks, your feedback is appreciated

Lisa_Holloway
Total Posts: 1954

Gorgeous family and you caught some wonderful interactions between them which is so hard to do sometimes, so great job there! My biggest suggestion would be to watch your backgrounds. Find something darker and richer to place your subjects in front of or shoot from a higher angle to avoid all of the blown stuff behind them.

Shootmegul

great advise Lisa
normally i do my park session early morning or late afternoon to avoid blown out bits as well as strong reflection and color casts from grass and stuff.
This is a first time I had to do a session at noon. but none the less you are right and its now on my watch list for future sessions.

exposedme
Total Posts: 304

Nice moods and interactions and smiles. On the other hand it looks like you've got what seems to be a lot of unintentional lens flare from shooting against sun out in the open. Not one of these pictures is just a clean, crisp shot of the family.

Jim Rickards
Total Posts: 10253

Good points by Lisa. The subjects need to be strong in the composition. Don't let the bright backgrounds take away from them being the main point of interest.

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15596

Hi,

A question for Gul: Are you using some kind of post processing filter or mask or something to create that "washed out" and "flare objects" look shown in several images?

See last image, image 7. Notice how the man's face is washed out, while the women are not.

My opinion: I don't like the washed out face on the man (image 7) or the flare objects (bubble like flare artifacts).

I hope these comments help you.

John-Tolentino
Total Posts: 234

Good capture! I had similar problem with my recent family shoot. Had some blown out background as my typical spot was very wet and muddy and had to look for a dry area at the park.

I like the interaction and motion in your set!

Shootmegul

thanks\yes steady hand these were processed to create the washed out effect, thanks for feedback will fix the man.

exposedme
Total Posts: 304

Sure looks like real lens flare.

marko1953
Total Posts: 633

Agree with the above...you need to find darker backgrounds.