First Snow
/forum/topic/1173558/0

1
       2       end

CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Last Friday we did get our first snow of this winter. Not much and it was all gone by Monday.
Still, it was very cool as long as it lasted.
Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcome.
Chris

1)






2)






3)








lazlo369
Registered: Mar 01, 2004
Total Posts: 9732
Country: United States

Stunning images, I really like your high-key processing .
The first one is for the wall.
Looks like you had quite a bit of wind with the snow as well.



Marc Kurth
Registered: Nov 14, 2003
Total Posts: 2876
Country: United States

I will respectfully agree with lazlo that the first is stunning, but the second shot tugs more at my heart strings and the third would hang on my wall if toned down only a little.



tomandmarj
Registered: Jan 02, 2007
Total Posts: 8869
Country: United States

all are marvelous! but Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; I could not shoot in that weather - but glad you posted these super images; love you processing of the whites.
regards, tom



Charlie Shugart
Registered: Feb 06, 2007
Total Posts: 28515
Country: United States

I liked these "over there," Chris.
And I like them here also.
I agree with Lazlo on the high-key treatment.
The third image converted very well, and remains my favorite in B&W.
Nice work.
Charlie



Mirza Ahmad
Registered: Jan 01, 2007
Total Posts: 1240
Country: Netherlands


All three are nice, although the first one seems a bit under-exposed?
Mirza



gregfountain
Registered: Jun 21, 2009
Total Posts: 6615
Country: United States

Great stuff Chris! Love the feel of the trees. The density draws me into the mass to see what I can see...

Greg



Tim ONeill
Registered: Feb 06, 2003
Total Posts: 16639
Country: United States

I love all of them. Most especially #3. One of those shots that makes me wish I had taken it. High praise from my small jealous mind.



Cadaver
Registered: Dec 03, 2008
Total Posts: 477
Country: N/A

Nice shots. #3 is a beautiful capture!



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

lazlo369 wrote:
Stunning images, I really like your high-key processing .
The first one is for the wall.
Looks like you had quite a bit of wind with the snow as well.


Thank you Lazlo.
Yes, there was a chilly wind and light snowfall in the first image.
I was walking around with camera on tripod hanging in my right elbow and an umbrella in my left hand.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Marc Kurth wrote:
I will respectfully agree with lazlo that the first is stunning, but the second shot tugs more at my heart strings and the third would hang on my wall if toned down only a little.


Thank you Marc. Appreciated.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

tomandmarj wrote:
all are marvelous! but Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; I could not shoot in that weather - but glad you posted these super images; love you processing of the whites.
regards, tom


Manny thanks Tom.
We don't get much snow. So if we do It's exciting and that helps to ignore the cold.
Glad you like.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Charlie Shugart wrote:
I liked these "over there," Chris.
And I like them here also.
I agree with Lazlo on the high-key treatment.
The third image converted very well, and remains my favorite in B&W.
Nice work.
Charlie


Thank you Charlie. I'm glad to hear you like the conversions too.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Mirza Ahmad wrote:

All three are nice, although the first one seems a bit under-exposed?
Mirza


Thank you Mizra.
The first was shot with overcast sky and light snowfall.
The other two the next early morning with clear sky.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

gregfountain wrote:
Great stuff Chris! Love the feel of the trees. The density draws me into the mass to see what I can see...

Greg


Thank you Greg.
The snow did some very neat things to the forest. Glad you like them.
Chris




CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Tim ONeill wrote:
I love all of them. Most especially #3. One of those shots that makes me wish I had taken it. High praise from my small jealous mind.


Manny thanks Tim for the good words.
Glad you like #3 that much.
Chris



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Cadaver wrote:
Nice shots. #3 is a beautiful capture!


Thank you Cadaver.
Chris



AndrewThomas
Registered: Jan 30, 2012
Total Posts: 812
Country: Australia

HI Chris, lucky you...we rarely get snow here. I really like #3 - its very striking, black and white is the perfect choice though I imagine it was already half way there
cheers Andrew



CDaescher
Registered: Jul 19, 2011
Total Posts: 10999
Country: Netherlands

Manny thanks Andrew.
Well, actually there was nothing wrong with the light and colors that morning.
Cheers Chris






Dougo
Registered: Feb 10, 2006
Total Posts: 5530
Country: Australia

Wow, Chris these are stunning images, my favourite was #3 until I saw the colour version, the soft pastel blues are delightful.

Cheers ray



1
       2       end