Freshman Basketball - 12-10-12
/forum/topic/1173260/0

tmalone893
Total Posts: 233

A few from the Germantown vs Bartlett game last night. Two talented freshman teams that will be very good in the years to come.

5D3 and 70-200 @ f/4.5, iso800, and 1/200. CC welcomed

6. I can almost dunk....

scooplav
Total Posts: 34

Tmalone893 nice shots, I like pics 1 and 3, good action and expression. At f4.5 and ISO 800 were you flashing, strobing or ambient ? Do you typically shoot bball at f4.5?

I'm getting ready to shoot first bball game of the season this Friday night and I'm considering changing my settings. I typically shoot wide open at f2.8 but I'd like to get more DOF so f4.5 would be a consideration. Only concern with f4.5 is getting enough light.

tmalone893

scooplav wrote:
Tmalone893 nice shots, I like pics 1 and 3, good action and expression. At f4.5 and ISO 800 were you flashing, strobing or ambient ? Do you typically shoot bball at f4.5?

I'm getting ready to shoot first bball game of the season this Friday night and I'm considering changing my settings. I typically shoot wide open at f2.8 but I'd like to get more DOF so f4.5 would be a consideration. Only concern with f4.5 is getting enough light.

Thanks for the comments. I had two speedlites in each corner on the side I was shooting.

MakoShark
Total Posts: 1200

I agree with 1 and 3 as my favorites as well. Only thing that stood out to me were a few horizons. but even I struggle with that sometimes.

The strobed look seems like its working for you.

tmalone893

MakoShark wrote:
I agree with 1 and 3 as my favorites as well. Only thing that stood out to me were a few horizons. but even I struggle with that sometimes.

The strobed look seems like its working for you.

Thanks for your comments.

OntheRez
Total Posts: 2937

Y'all got some mighty big freshmen over there! Also some amazing light for a Jr high gym. I like #3 also, mostly for the expression of #10, "Just gettin out of the way!" Your use of the 70-200 does illustrate why I've gone (part of the time) to a fast wide lens. Even at 70mm, I was often chopping of arms and legs. Still lots of crisp work here. (You are fortunate to be able to use flash - banned in my league.)

Robertr

tmalone893

OntheRez wrote:
Y'all got some mighty big freshmen over there! Also some amazing light for a Jr high gym. I like #3 also, mostly for the expression of #10, "Just gettin out of the way!" Your use of the 70-200 does illustrate why I've gone (part of the time) to a fast wide lens. Even at 70mm, I was often chopping of arms and legs. Still lots of crisp work here. (You are fortunate to be able to use flash - banned in my league.)

Robertr

Thanks Robert. I'm looking at getting a fast wide angle myself.

CW100
Total Posts: 4628

nice set

John--G
Total Posts: 2281

CW100 wrote:
nice set

Carefull, I saw someone get slapped once for saying that!

jakita33
Total Posts: 2457

Nice series! Which speedlites were you using? How were you triggering them?