Freshman Basketball - 12-10-12
/forum/topic/1173260/0



tmalone893
Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Total Posts: 233
Country: United States

A few from the Germantown vs Bartlett game last night. Two talented freshman teams that will be very good in the years to come.

5D3 and 70-200 @ f/4.5, iso800, and 1/200. CC welcomed

1.






2.






3.






4.






5.






6. I can almost dunk....






scooplav
Registered: Jul 15, 2010
Total Posts: 34
Country: United States

Tmalone893 nice shots, I like pics 1 and 3, good action and expression. At f4.5 and ISO 800 were you flashing, strobing or ambient ? Do you typically shoot bball at f4.5?

I'm getting ready to shoot first bball game of the season this Friday night and I'm considering changing my settings. I typically shoot wide open at f2.8 but I'd like to get more DOF so f4.5 would be a consideration. Only concern with f4.5 is getting enough light.



tmalone893
Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Total Posts: 233
Country: United States

scooplav wrote:
Tmalone893 nice shots, I like pics 1 and 3, good action and expression. At f4.5 and ISO 800 were you flashing, strobing or ambient ? Do you typically shoot bball at f4.5?

I'm getting ready to shoot first bball game of the season this Friday night and I'm considering changing my settings. I typically shoot wide open at f2.8 but I'd like to get more DOF so f4.5 would be a consideration. Only concern with f4.5 is getting enough light.


Thanks for the comments. I had two speedlites in each corner on the side I was shooting.



MakoShark
Registered: Jan 05, 2011
Total Posts: 1200
Country: United States

I agree with 1 and 3 as my favorites as well. Only thing that stood out to me were a few horizons. but even I struggle with that sometimes.

The strobed look seems like its working for you.



tmalone893
Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Total Posts: 233
Country: United States

MakoShark wrote:
I agree with 1 and 3 as my favorites as well. Only thing that stood out to me were a few horizons. but even I struggle with that sometimes.

The strobed look seems like its working for you.


Thanks for your comments.



OntheRez
Registered: Jul 16, 2008
Total Posts: 2937
Country: United States

Y'all got some mighty big freshmen over there! Also some amazing light for a Jr high gym. I like #3 also, mostly for the expression of #10, "Just gettin out of the way!" Your use of the 70-200 does illustrate why I've gone (part of the time) to a fast wide lens. Even at 70mm, I was often chopping of arms and legs. Still lots of crisp work here. (You are fortunate to be able to use flash - banned in my league.)

Robertr



tmalone893
Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Total Posts: 233
Country: United States

OntheRez wrote:
Y'all got some mighty big freshmen over there! Also some amazing light for a Jr high gym. I like #3 also, mostly for the expression of #10, "Just gettin out of the way!" Your use of the 70-200 does illustrate why I've gone (part of the time) to a fast wide lens. Even at 70mm, I was often chopping of arms and legs. Still lots of crisp work here. (You are fortunate to be able to use flash - banned in my league.)

Robertr


Thanks Robert. I'm looking at getting a fast wide angle myself.



CW100
Registered: Apr 03, 2009
Total Posts: 4628
Country: United States

nice set



John--G
Registered: May 28, 2003
Total Posts: 2281
Country: United States

CW100 wrote:
nice set


Carefull, I saw someone get slapped once for saying that!



jakita33
Registered: Feb 06, 2006
Total Posts: 2457
Country: United States

Nice series! Which speedlites were you using? How were you triggering them?