I'm lost, where is 'Bosque'....(1)
/forum/topic/1172754/0

2       3       4       end

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32931

It has been wonderful to see all the Sandy images from Bosque and great to hear that several FM'rs migrated to Bosque also

I recently mentioned that I have never seen more than 'two' Sandhills at one time, well again today in somewhat of a strange morning gloom both our Sandies were strolling along the pathway! I isolated one (half of them ) for a little Beamer shoot.....................so here is my local contribution to the wonderful Bosque images and the Master of Ceremonies 'Monkey' who seems to in charge of entertainment and guidance!

Comments of any type or questions always welcomed
Thanks for stopping by..............

Karl

Ed Robertson
Total Posts: 8944

I'm first
Wonderful shot my friend .All the very best of the season. Ed

Thang
Total Posts: 8610

fantastic shot Karl! Didn't even know flash was used!

eyelaser
Total Posts: 19995

What a marvelous shot...those pastel colors are sublime! I never realized there were so many colors in a shc...the little bit o' fill flash did wonders...a very striking image.
Eric

Tim Kuhn
Total Posts: 45235

Very cool shot my friend!!!

I do like this one a lot Karl. For me the background makes the shot, I think it's worth calming down the white band. If you want uber nits I'm your man Run some nr on the under tail and work the flash catch light so it's not a donut. And if I'm going to really nitty... copy some grass to cover the path.

Okay, I gave you a rough time, this shot really doesn't deserve it. I was just treating this as if it was mine and you were in my head while I was processing it.

Excellent work Karl I would never dream of riding anyone else on the forum this hard but you my friend are worth it.

Tim

marklankton
Total Posts: 2459

Karl, your hair & makeup artist is very good! Like we say about owls, any Sandy shot is a good shot. We see a lot of photos from New Mexico, and some from my other favorite stomping ground in Monte Vista, Colorado, but they are wide-ranging birds. I'm told there is a good spot near Fairbanks, Alaska. Personally I saw my very first ones in Titusville, Florida, at a distance of about 10 feet. I backed off; those beaks look sharp!
Mark

jfwoodman
Total Posts: 4681

Karl, that's a wonderful Sandy. You must have been pretty close to get this one. Rarely have I seen Sandy shots with such detail. What a treat!

Jim

Thomas Sanders
Total Posts: 15697

I'm glad this ones GPS is broken buddy
I have to echo Mr. Woodman's sentiment Karl, the detail and color is really sublime and your illumination skills are on display here as well A bit o light sure helps the DOF at almost wide open too Think of the air fare to NM you are saving too

Big winner buddy
Tom

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6645

Excellent contribution indeed! Nice Karl!

Greg

sritri
Total Posts: 3346

Lovely shot Karl and a catchlight to die for !

thomas_1950
Total Posts: 2658

That's one splendid image with super detail, colors and exposed just right.

Keep em coming,
Tom

mitesh
Total Posts: 3905

Everything about this image is fantastic- superb job using the flash!

kmunroe
Total Posts: 29877

a great shot Karl.. i like the BG also

surfnron
Total Posts: 31888

Very well done Karl. The exposure is spot on and the sandy looks great. I'll leave the "super nits" to Tim, but the reflection in the eye does draw my eyes ~ Ron

Larry Williams
Total Posts: 6646

Karl Witt wrote:
It has been wonderful to see all the Sandy images from Bosque and great to hear that several FM'rs migrated to Bosque also

I recently mentioned that I have never seen more than 'two' Sandhills at one time, well again today in somewhat of a strange morning gloom both our Sandies were strolling along the pathway! I isolated one (half of them ) for a little Beamer shoot.....................so here is my local contribution to the wonderful Bosque images and the Master of Ceremonies 'Monkey' who seems to in charge of entertainment and guidance!

Comments of any type or questions always welcomed
Thanks for stopping by..............

Karl

Hi Buddy,

What a super photo. Looking at your photo in a very friendly way, I took the liberty to adjust 3 "very little" things to it. 1. The eye seemed to be to silvery, probably due to the flash. 2. The area above the red of the head seemed to drift my eye away from the head. 3. Changed the edging of the head a bit to enhance it a bit more.

I don't write as well as you, but just thought that I would express my very humble thoughts to you.

Larry

Ted ellis
Total Posts: 21744

Great shot Karl and I like Larry's touch up! Head west on US RTE 66

trenchmonkey
Total Posts: 35487

MC Lovely capture, Karl. First glance the eye looked a little funky, then I read you performed Lasik
with your Beemer and you wonder why only one or two show themselves at a time Love ya, man.

Jude Perera
Total Posts: 8051

Superb shot Karl. As Larry pointed out you need to fix the eye.

Jude

KCollett
Total Posts: 23772

Lovely shot Karl. I like what Larry did to the eye. A bit more subdued.

David Leask
Total Posts: 35795

Sweet shot Karl, well captured. Larry did some good things
David

2       3       4       end