Reddish Egret In Flight
/forum/topic/1172464/0

2       end

birdied
Total Posts: 23248

Never could get this guy doing his fishing ritual . Leave the beach tomorrow, so will have to wait until next time. Did get a couple of in flights .

As always , your nits , crits and suggestions are most appreciated

Hope you enjoy .

Birdie

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32768

Some wonderful looks at the Reddish here Birdie.

#2 is spectacular for me
#3 is very simple and pleasing with nice depth and fine detail. Not sure but might be a bit on the cool side of WB?
#1 Hmmm, I like the inclusion of the grasses and the reach to the water but maybe the Reddish is a bit too high in the frame here and the image to me seems a little overall dark?

Easy for me to love both #2 and #3, lovely shots young lady
Karl

KCollett
Total Posts: 23130

Wants to be an emaciated heron I guess. I've seen these guys at a distance only. Quite pretty. #2 is my pick.

marklankton
Total Posts: 2458

Birdie, these are all very nice -- #2 is excellent, what a great flight capture!
Mark

eyelaser
Total Posts: 19616

You ought to be mighty proud of these shots Roberta. You nailed the in flights and the detail is wonderful. I wonder if Karl is right..(of course he is, who am I kidding ) but I was thinking that if you had a little more sky on top that would make the egret appear lower (just a thought)...but I love the grasses being included..it sets the landscape for me.
I guess the Last Tango in Paris will have to wait until next year
Eric

birdied

Some wonderful looks at the Reddish here Birdie.

#2 is spectacular for me
#3 is very simple and pleasing with nice depth and fine detail. Not sure but might be a bit on the cool side of WB?
#1 Hmmm, I like the inclusion of the grasses and the reach to the water but maybe the Reddish is a bit too high in the frame here and the image to me seems a little overall dark?

Easy for me to love both #2 and #3, lovely shots young lady
Karl

Thanks so much Karl . I think I have corrected the overly cool tone on the last and reposted.
As to one. Originally I tried to move him down a bit, but my skills are lacking . The variations in the sky are giving me problems moving him, but will keep working on it. Thanks you for your suggestions , you are right

Birdie

jfwoodman
Total Posts: 4534

Great shots, Birdie. I agree with Karl, as always. #1 would be awesome if the reddish was a bit closer to the beach/grasses, but it seems a stretch here. #3 is flat out awesome - love it!

Jim

birdied

Wants to be an emaciated heron I guess. I've seen these guys at a distance only. Quite pretty. #2 is my pick.

Thank you very much Ken!

Birdie, these are all very nice -- #2 is excellent, what a great flight capture!
Mark

Much appreciated Mark. Thank you !

You ought to be mighty proud of these shots Roberta. You nailed the in flights and the detail is wonderful. I wonder if Karl is right..(of course he is, who am I kidding ) but I was thinking that if you had a little more sky on top that would make the egret appear lower (just a thought)...but I love the grasses being included..it sets the landscape for me.
I guess the Last Tango in Paris will have to wait until next year
Eric

Excellent suggestion Eric ! I have added more to the top and cropped some off the bottom. I reposted and removed the other one. Also tried to brighten it up a bit .
Does this work better gentlemen

Birdie

sritri
Total Posts: 3228

These are superb Birdie. Composition I guess is purely subjective as in #1 I would have discarded the grass as his eyes are focussed completely out of the grass. But either way these are superb. I wish some day I can come close

tinyfishy
Total Posts: 285

Nice set you have here....I like both flight shots, naturally.

kmunroe
Total Posts: 29473

great set Roberta.. #2 and #3 are my favorites

thomas_1950
Total Posts: 2608

Congrats Birdie ... terrific images of a usually skittish bird with great detail.

CDaescher
Total Posts: 10882

Very nicely done, Birdie.
#3 is very beautiful but the winner for me is #2.
What a great flight by image with this BG.
Chris

surfnron
Total Posts: 31281

2 and 3 are very nice Birdie. 1 is tough... I also like the grass in the shot, but Karl nailed it - the burd is too high in the frame. Maybe cropping a fair amount off the left to make it a vertical crop would work. OR - crop to landscape and loose the grass.

Just my thoughts ~ Ron

canadajim
Total Posts: 1974

Gotta go with number two but it wasn't an easy decision!

Great work.

Jim

gsmani
Total Posts: 867

very nice birdie.

blueimage
Total Posts: 829

These are all very nice Birdie, but #2 stands out for me. With the three bg colors and the perfectly placed bird, it could be the national flag of Egretistan.

Jim

David Leask
Total Posts: 35284

Fine shots Birdie, good job. I would pick 2, 3 and 1 in that order
David

Ted ellis
Total Posts: 21593

Hi Birdie:

Sweet series. At first I didn't think I like the crop but it has grown on me. Frame it!

Ted

Mark Cronin
Total Posts: 2403

These are all very nice Roberta.
I do think the wider angle and grass adds to the first.

Mark

2       end