Sunset on the Coast
/forum/topic/1172272/0

2       end

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 2003

Lucky to have been able to witness a beautiful sunset on the Oregon Coast.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 6588

Love it.

douter
Total Posts: 11084

Simply beautiful!
Douglas

David Leask
Total Posts: 35581

Wow, what a stunner. The colours and light are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
David

pramitmanna
Total Posts: 474

lovely shot. shadow details are just perfect.

Oregon Gal

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. The Oregon Coast can be a difficult place to get nice sunsets but when everything comes together it's immensely beautiful.

alichty
Total Posts: 8817

Very nice - the sky colors are outstanding and I like the nice little backlit low clouds just above the surf on the right.

I am heading over to Cannon Beach tomorrow for a few days of shooting and can only hope to get a nice sunset like this one.

Alan

Oregon Gal

Alan,

Cannon Beach is a beautiful area. The weather has been pretty cooperative since the rain has subsided so you might just get a beautiful sunset or sunrise. The image I took was in Brookings at Whaleshead Beach with some wind but beautiful clouds.

Scott Kroeker
Total Posts: 3790

Love that colour! Rocks + water = my fav subject to photograph!

Oregon Gal

Scott Kroeker wrote:
Love that colour! Rocks + water = my fav subject to photograph!

Scott,

I look at your posts and envy your work, thanks for commenting. Barbara

janecee7
Total Posts: 37

Gorgeous shot! I made the trek to Canon Beach on a recent trip to Portland, long drive and when I got there it was 39 degrees, windy and raining. But as they say, "you won't know unless you go." So no shots for me, but it was an amazing place even in terrible conditions. It is wonderful to see it in it's splendor. Thanks for sharing!

Jane

JimFox
Total Posts: 37816

Hi Barbara,

What a cool shot. I really enjoy that striped sunset colors, that is really cool. And as much as I live Bandon Beach, and Cannon Beach is cool too, it's nice to see some different sea stacks.

Jim

Oregon Gal

Jane, Cannon Beach and Haystack rock is quite beautiful but the shot was taken at Whaleshead Beach in Brookings, OR. Thanks for commenting and glad you like the shot.

Jim, when all conditions come together the sunsets on the Oregon coast are amazing. Whaleshead beach where the shot was taken and nearby Harris state park can be very photogenic although not as we'll known as Bandon or Cannon Beach.

philtax
Total Posts: 3057

Pretty amazing shot - the luminescent sky colors, the reflection, the near silhouette of the rock all came together for you here and you caught it perfectly.

Phil

Oregon Gal

Thanks Phil, I was rushed for time in relation to the sunset so I am just glad running from spot to capture different compositions culminated in a couple of nice shots.

alfresco
Total Posts: 107

Beautiful.

Oregon Gal

Thanks alfresco glad you like it.

campyone
Total Posts: 451

Oregon Gal wrote:
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. The Oregon Coast can be a difficult place to get nice sunsets but when everything comes together it's immensely beautiful.

Bandon Beach?

FWIW, I attended a gathering at which a guy who wrote a book on photographing in Oregon said that the two best months for Oregon coast sunsets are October and March because for whatever reason that's when the horizon is less obscured by clouds/haze (or something like that).

gordon l
Total Posts: 3930

Lovely shot.

Oregon Gal

Campyone this was taken at Whaleshead beach in Brookings, OR and thank you for sharing that information on the best months for sunsets,

gordon1, glad you like the shot, thank you.

2       end