IPF 8400 = 420# Pallet!
/forum/topic/1172096/0

SoundHound
Total Posts: 5318

Pulled the trigger on a 44" carriage printer. Now plotting (no pun intended) how to get it into my house. The trucking companies are not enthusastic about residential delivery. Seems their world consists of commercial loading docks.

I paid $120 for lift gate residential delivery (not inside or up the stairs). Reading the PDF manual so I can un-palletize
the pieces for interior assembly. Update next week after delivery and assembly of this Shetland Pony size printer.

edl415
Total Posts: 478

A pallet is typically 30-40 pounds, so you only have 380 pounds to deal with If you're going upstairs I would recommend using appliance straps.

smjphoto
Total Posts: 293

It's a beast. Double check on door opening sizes! It's wide and tall or long. Standard doorways are tough. The weight isnt quite as bad as it sounds, as the pallet and packing is really significant and the stand is seperate. Still its more than most people can handle without 3 or 4 people. Problem with that, is if the space is tight, its hard to have 3 or 4 people not be in the way. You might want to consider the issues of removing it later, before you install it. Once you put ink in it, you can't angle it more than 30 degrees to the horizon with out spilling the ink from the large reservoirs, or you must pump out lots of ink first.

It does have nice hand holds, though!

Think piano sized ( larger than a Shetland )...or the foot print of a twin bed

Best of luck! And be careful with your back!

howardm4
Total Posts: 2835

read this.......

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=60841.0

SoundHound
Total Posts: 5318

Oh just 380#! I have a 42" fire door on the destination room close to level from my garage). Was hoping two strong men could carry the assembled carriage to the stand while I watched. What have I go myself into? Thankful of the info!

More the's reason to junk my HPZ3100 though since I had though to bring it to a service shop. Now I have a full set of 12 130 mL tanks 80% full for the lucky person who needs more ink for their Z3100 and 11 tanks for the Z3200 (the Red tank is different). Also have three 24" roll spindles for sale too.

smjphoto
Total Posts: 293

if width isn't a problem and its not up steps, its pretty easy. the bottom of the printer is set up to sit on the stand, but it also provides a great base to sit it on one or two four wheel movers dollies. I found adding a couple of 2x4 scape pieces of wood fit perfectly to protect the printer base and allow a good bearing surface for dollies. Then its trivial to push where ever you want with no crushed fingers, etc. once its next to the intended spot, two sturdy guys can lift it and set it on the base. It helps if there is a third person to direct the alignment process, as the guys at the end can't see the arrows to line it up.

vraspa
Total Posts: 159

I purchased a Canon 8300, about the same size and form. I would not attempt to move without 4 healthy men. No one with a bad back!!! My front door opening is 30 inches at the widest point and we got it in. Unpacked it on the sidewalk where the shipper left it. Turn it 45 degrees and it should go in. I would never have attempted taking it upstairs. The 3 front steps were enough. Make sure that you have enough room to get the entire printer inside befor attempting to turn it. Good luck.

howardm4
Total Posts: 2835

'Honey, there has always been a printer in the living room'

FLSTCSAM
Total Posts: 494

I recently purchased an ipf8300. It will be delivered on a double pallet. (I have images but can't upload to FM.)

The truck driver will have a pallet jack and will need to use it to remove the printer from the lowered lift gate. No problem pulling it a short distance into your garage. That will give you a secure location for the printer while you unpack and arrange for help.

You will need 4 people to pickup, carry the printer inside and place on the printer stand.

Good luck!!

Sam

vraspa
Total Posts: 159

flstcsam, make sure you get the extended warranty. 15 mos into mine and just starting to change the first set of ink and it now needs a 1500.00 service call.