Cash (English Bulldog)
/forum/topic/1172017/0

hijazist
Total Posts: 2165

Cash, my favorite dog in the world... First he was thrilled about tree lighting, then, well let's just say watching me play soccer isn't his favorite thing in the world

Genes Home
Total Posts: 1433

I think #2 is my favorite, and believe it is the best shot of the three, though the happy emotion you captured in #1 does pull at my heart just a bit.

Gene

hijazist

Thanks Gene Dogs in general and particularly bulldogs have such expressive faces. My gf corrected me saying that he's actually not grumpy in two but actually attentive

Marvin B
Total Posts: 28

love pic #1 reminds me of a face my bulldog makes when i come home from work lol!...nice shots!

ct8282
Total Posts: 2199

Cool/funny pics. You show two very different contrasting moods which is difficult with animals.

Not sure what 3 is all about though. You want the viewer to engage with the scene in reference to the subject which is the dog. However I just find myself completely drawn to the in-focus paving bricks and studying them simply because they're so obviously in focus. The dog is so far removed and oof that it plays no part in the image at all.

Swapping focus to the dog and having the foreground oof getting sharper the nearer it gets to the dog may have pulled this shot off. For now it simply doesn't work for me.

hijazist

I appreciate your comments. You are absolutely right about the last shot but it was very difficult to get the dog in focus because it was night and the shot at ground level. Maybe it could work as a street/architecture shot with the subjects in the background adding a certain mood but you're right it doesn't add to the pet set. I will remove it and add another for yet a different mood

Thanks again!
Hussain

ChrisCoy
Total Posts: 383

As a pet photographer, EBD's are one of my absolute favorite breeds to photograph!

#2 is my favorite of this set.

hijazist

ChrisCoy wrote:
As a pet photographer, EBD's are one of my absolute favorite breeds to photograph!

#2 is my favorite of this set.

Such a great breed This is actually my first try at pet photography and I didn't know that acquiring focus was this hard until I gave it a shot! Especially that it was night and he was so excited, well until we went to soccer

ChrisCoy
Total Posts: 383

Pet photography takes a lot of anticipation. You really have to have a connection with the dog, and understand dog behavior to some extent, so that you can anticipate how they'll react to you and the distractions around you.

Bacon and treats help too.