Is less more, or even enough?
/forum/topic/1172006/0



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

Some misty shots from earlier this week in Joaquin Miller park, Oakland. C&C very welcome.

Phil



JimFox
Registered: Jan 11, 2005
Total Posts: 37521
Country: United States

Hey Phil,

You are sure rocking the fog! I think #4 is my favorite here, followed by #2. Now with #2 though I would suggest cropping a bit off the bottom and going with just 3 layers of ridges instead of 4. I think having the slightly darker bottom ridge in it throws off the nice pattern the fog had going there.

Jim



douter
Registered: Mar 10, 2010
Total Posts: 11012
Country: United States

I like the depth and layering of these Phil. The bookends are my picks.
Douglas



gdanmitchell
Registered: Jun 28, 2009
Total Posts: 9180
Country: United States

I also flirt with very low contrast in some of my fog and cloud-related photographs, so I understand the appeal. For me, the last in this group works the best.

Dan



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

JimFox wrote:
Hey Phil,

You are sure rocking the fog! I think #4 is my favorite here, followed by #2. Now with #2 though I would suggest cropping a bit off the bottom and going with just 3 layers of ridges instead of 4. I think having the slightly darker bottom ridge in it throws off the nice pattern the fog had going there.

Jim


Hi Jim - Thanks for the suggestion on #2 - I think I agree with you.

Phil



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

douter wrote:
I like the depth and layering of these Phil. The bookends are my picks.
Douglas


Thanks Douglas.



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

gdanmitchell wrote:
I also flirt with very low contrast in some of my fog and cloud-related photographs, so I understand the appeal. For me, the last in this group works the best.

Dan


Hi Dan - yes, you have some amazing shots along this line. Thanks for the kind words.

Phil



roguecoolman
Registered: Jul 07, 2005
Total Posts: 1790
Country: United States

Phil,

I like the last pic. Just the number of layers is quite interesting. Good set.

Jason



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

Thanks Jason. These kinds of shots leave a lot to the imagination...

Phil



Jeffrey
Registered: Nov 12, 2002
Total Posts: 9765
Country: United States

Nice fog, Phil! #4 for me.



philtax
Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Total Posts: 3051
Country: United States

Thanks Jeffrey!

Phil



teked
Registered: Sep 06, 2006
Total Posts: 6864
Country: United States

More wonderful stuff, 'master of the fog'. The layers in the last are killer.

Cheers,
Ed



cheekygeek
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 58
Country: United States

I prefer the first one both in composition and color (but is that a couple of sensor dust spots I see?), with the fourth being my 2nd fav.