New Forums for Fuji, m4/3 & Sony
/forum/topic/1170646/0

2       end

robsonj
Total Posts: 312

There is a Canon forum, a Nikon forum, then a forum for everything else. Seems like this forum gets overloaded. Was wondering why there aren't forums for Fuji-X, m4/3 & Sony?

Cheers
Jonathan

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1003

There is. You have www.x100forum.com that is all Fuji X stuff and www.mu-43.com. Lots of great info on both and many members here are members on those as well.

robsonj
Total Posts: 312

Aaa, I wasnt aware of x100forum, thanks for the info!

juju1958
Total Posts: 753

I quite like the idea of the lay out as is not being too formal. It gives lea way to be more creative in threads, that are started, joined and contributed to. Look at other sites that have forums for each make models and contraption and you can end up with something very undesirable.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4852

http://www.fujixseries.com/

Another X camera forum.

teraflame
Total Posts: 190

When you get too specialized, the quality of the discussion turns stale.

Jorgen Udvang
Total Posts: 2200

I wouldn't mind a separate mirrorless section here on FM, reserving this here for alt users with OVF cameras.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3241

In nature, diversity is good thing. Amongst alt photographers, too.

dakel
Total Posts: 261

www.fujix-forums.com is a great Fuji forum too. However I would like to see one here.

corndog
Total Posts: 4118

robsonj wrote:
There is a Canon forum, a Nikon forum, then a forum for everything else. Seems like this forum gets overloaded...

Have a look at the dates of the 100 threads on the first page of those three forums. Canon goes back 4 days, Nikon goes back 8 days, and Alternative goes back 6 days. The volume is right in there.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

Mescalamba wrote:

+1

millsart
Total Posts: 4928

Jorgen Udvang wrote:
I wouldn't mind a separate mirrorless section here on FM, reserving this here for alt users with OVF cameras.

So what would a Fuji X100 or XPro be ? They do have an OVF after all, but you don't want to share the forum with them ?

How about a Leica M for that matter ? would you call that a mirrorless camera or what exactly ?

What about a Sony NEX user who uses Leica or Zeiss glass ?? Thats a pretty darn alt user, no ? Even if your using the same "alt" glass with someone you'd like to segregate them because they don't have an OVF ??

How about a Sony RX1 (Zeiss lens basically, so "alt"?) with an external finder attached ? Going to make those members switch forums based upon if they put the EVF or OVF into the hot shoe ?

corndog
Total Posts: 4118

Exactly. Fred should leave it as is to prevent the "but! but!! but!!! what about xxxxx?!? Yesssss! I proved inconsistency on the interwebs!! I wiiiiiin!!!".

ISO1600
Total Posts: 4483

I like the Alt forum just as it is

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1540

sebboh wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

+1

+2
I really like the diversity here

Bifurcator
Total Posts: 9299

me too! As it is! As it was! As you were!

LightShow
Total Posts: 5094

Segregate the forum too much and they just become fanboy hangouts, I like to see the diverse styles and equipment, all of which can produce great images, they all have their own style/look, such richness is is a blessing/inspiration to our/my creativity.

I've learned and improved the most from what I've come across within this forum, The talent & knowledge within is unmatched.

Don't fix what's not broken.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10701

I agree with LightShow. While I enjoy my m4/3 forums (aside from DPReview, which I only visit rarely due to the insanity of many of the posters), I am here way more often due to the eclectic discussion.

mortyb
Total Posts: 1366

LightShow wrote:
Segregate the forum too much and they just become fanboy hangouts, I like to see the diverse styles and equipment, all of which can produce great images, they all have their own style/look, such richness is is a blessing/inspiration to our/my creativity.

I've learned and improved the most from what I've come across within this forum, The talent & knowledge within is unmatched.

Don't fix what's not broken.

+10.

douglasf13
Total Posts: 6084

Agreed. I like talking about cameras, not just MY cameras.

2       end