Kashmir- into the mountains #1
/forum/topic/1169748/0

Charlie Shugart
Total Posts: 28515

This is the last section of my series on Kashmir, India. Anyone interested in looking at the other posts- use Kashmir as the key word.
Leaving town and Dal Lake behind, I "hired" a car and driver (the Brit and Indian term), and went into the mountains for a day trip.
It was just an ordinary "Designed and made in India" car (reminded me of a smallish version of cheap American cars, circa the early 1940s), but this truck was loaded with character. There were some sections of mountain roads where you really didn't want one of these things coming at you.
Location was along a small bridge over some unnamed river (well- unnamed to me ).

Mirza Ahmad
Total Posts: 1264

Nice, trucks in the Indian sub-continent are icons in their own right. Kashmir is a beautiful place, my elders speak of it fondly unfortunately it has been closed of for tourism for many years, I hope things change for the better.

Charlie Shugart
Total Posts: 28515

Glad you like the image, Mirza.
I'm not sure about your meaning, i.e. "...closed off for tourism for many years."
I just Googled it and every source I read indicated that although political problems occasionally slow tourism down- Kashmir is definitely open for tourism.
Charlie

sozypozy
Total Posts: 600

Kashmir is still open for tourism and a lot of people go there, that too frequently.