Family pictures
/forum/topic/1169577/0

HubbardJA
Total Posts: 908

If you would like to see the pictures, you can click on the link below. I appreciate the feedback but at this point I don't need anyone else to tell me how crappy they are. Thanks.

bbourizk
Total Posts: 1841

Hate to say it but the best pics are the ones of the Dog.
The first seems a bit cool in tone and the guy on the left is hidden
2 and 5 are fine pics but the camera angle is just not working here
Straighten them and crop 5 a bit more

bwield
Total Posts: 481

Hey Jason,

Really like the dog portraits. I do agree 1 may be better with a tighter crop.

2 is my favourite group shot. Though that is a lot of tilt!

Say hi to Rachael!

ahhhlawn
Total Posts: 74

I like #1 - not a fan of the tilt on the others.

cannpope
Total Posts: 108

All pics are tilted. The only tilts that I like are those of the Golden Retriever in color. Distracting background in #1, harsh sunlight and strong vignette in #2, and the last one makes me dizzy. They aren't bad, but the above is just my opinion

HubbardJA

Thank you for the feedback. I have the same shots with no tilt, I was just trying to mix it up a bit.

@ Brandon, I will. Hope all is going well for you and the Mrs.

-Jayson

CW100
Total Posts: 3774

hate to say it but I'm also only a fan of the dog pics

Jim Rickards
Total Posts: 10047

I did click the link, but I'm not going to tell you "how crappy" they are. When I critique, I try to say what the problem is and how it could be made better. Just saying I don't like a shot doesn't help you.

#1 Not bad. I'd crop most of the background, though. Especially the parts above their heads.

#2 You have to try creative things like this extreme tilt. If you like it, print it. If not, try other creative things.

...skipping the dog pics.... which are good.

#5 I don't care for the tilt, but that "frame" around them is nice. I'd try a crop to just show them and the "frame".

jefferies1
Total Posts: 2538

HubbardJA wrote:
If you would like to see the pictures, you can click on the link below. I appreciate the feedback but at this point I don't need anyone else to tell me how crappy they are. Thanks.

I did not read any of the comments you mentioned.

Funny. I am usually the one ripping apart photos ( usually only what were from paid shoots as I hate to see clients riped off by bad quality) .

These are not bad except for excessive tilt which can be fixed. Just not my style but the image itself is clean.Good interaction between people, bright colors. Some Post processing would improve the first. I would prefer a tighter crop. Also a 2 second fix.
Hard to give details without the images in easy view.

DigMeTX
Total Posts: 1385

Yeah, I thought there was a lot to like here.

brad

HubbardJA

I appreciate the comments.

In hindsight, I should have just maned up, taken the feedback, and learned from it... instead, I got discouraged.

I still have the rest of the pictures from the session to process; I'll most likely make some adjustments to these and repost them here and on the blog. Again, thank you all for the feedback.

-Jayson