Technical Abstract
/forum/topic/1169467/0

sbv20
Total Posts: 135

Greetings. How have I not heard of this sub-forum before?

Well I've just started experimenting with combining digitally created elements with photographs for the purpose of photographic compositions of things that don't necessarily exist. This is clearly a powerful tool and I'm finally taking a stab at using the two media towards a single artistic goal. It's an extension of a series I've been working on (seen at www.samboyko.com) that abstracts detailed elements in the real world into bold, but simple, graphic compositions, but so far that is strictly photographic. I'm excited by the opportunity of creating some of the elements of the composition. It doesn't seem to match most of the work that's already in here, but does match my interpretation of "Digital Art & Abstract." If you think it's better off at another website, let me know.

Anyway, just seeking initial reactions on this piece, and I hope to do more like it soon. The rendered portion was done with 3ds max.

Thanks,
Sam

Mark Andrew
Total Posts: 12

Hey Sam:

Very cool concept and very well executed. Your attention to detail and workmanship is fantastic - the shadows and gradation work in particular.

This is a great one - unlimited possibilities. I'll look forward to seeing more.

Mark

photo1a
Total Posts: 480

I like this

jdrenda
Total Posts: 254

Great work I really like the detail nice job.
John

lazlo369
Total Posts: 9741

Excellent work, I am looking forward seeing more as well.

Rags Hef
Total Posts: 3038

Looks good Sam

Nice clean work

Rags