case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)
/forum/topic/1167920/0

jzucker
Total Posts: 2451

What do you guys use for a case for these? I'm sure there are a zillion containers that fit but maybe someone can recommend something?

Strobo
Total Posts: 123

jzucker wrote:
What do you guys use for a case for these? I'm sure there are a zillion containers that fit but maybe someone can recommend something?

Check out some of the Pelican micro series hard cases. They're great if you do a lot of location work. They also come in bright colours making it less likely they'll be misplaced or left behind.

jzucker

not looking for cases for the lights. Just tiny little cases for the slaves. I can always use an altoids box or something along those lines...

Strobo
Total Posts: 123

jzucker wrote:
not looking for cases for the lights. Just tiny little cases for the slaves. I can always use an altoids box or something along those lines...

I doubt you could fit a strobe in one of the Pelican micro cases unless you do a "will it blend" on it first. The micro cases are actually quite small - about the right size for carrying a few radio slaves around. And guess what? That's exactly what I use my micro case for.

I'm trying to be helpful here in offering you a practical solution. If you're going to dismiss my comment without following up on my suggestion then I'm just wasting my time with you.

jzucker

Strobo wrote:
jzucker wrote:

I doubt you could fit a strobe in one of the Pelican micro cases unless you do a "will it blend" on it first. The micro cases are actually quite small - about the right size for carrying a few radio slaves around. And guess what? That's exactly what I use my micro case for.

I'm trying to be helpful here in offering you a practical solution. If you're going to dismiss my comment without following up on my suggestion then I'm just wasting my time with you.

If I misunderstood your posting it was an innocent mistake.

no_surrender
Total Posts: 1136

I use a Pelican micro case 1020 for mine. I had it before I got the lights, but I can fit the cyber commander plus 3 slaves w/ foam and 2 batteries for the CC. Kind of a tight fit, I was actually thinking of getting a different one (colored w/ clear lid)...maybe a 1060 perhaps? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/257889-REG/Pelican_1060_026_100_1060_Clear_Micro_Case.html

jzucker

i ended up buying the pelican 1010 case (thanks strobo and sorry for the initial dismissal). Hopefully i can fit everything I need in it. If not, I can carry the commander in my camera bag. Still wondering if it can replace my sekonic 358?...

kdphotography
Total Posts: 1234

Yup. Pelican micro cases work perfectly to hold/protect the Buff Cybersync CSXCV transceiver and transmitter CSRB+

ken

RDKirk
Total Posts: 8976

I pack my slaves with their lights, because I only use slaves with the lights.

I'm not using the Einstein and its slaves, but if I did, I'd put Velcro on the slaves and the flash unit. When packing, I'd pull the slave out of the socket, slap it on the Velcro spot on the flash, and slide the unit into a flash bag/case.

I would not put the slaves in a separate case. Might forget it.

jzucker

that's not a bad idea (velcro) except the pins are exposed on the einstein slaves so they're very likely to get bent

RDKirk
Total Posts: 8976

jzucker wrote:
that's not a bad idea (velcro) except the pins are exposed on the einstein slaves so they're very likely to get bent

Not when you put the whole light unit in a protective case.

But Pocketwizard has caps for Buff slaves...I wonder if it's possible to somehow get them separately.

jzucker

RDKirk wrote:
jzucker wrote:

Not when you put the whole light unit in a protective case.

But Pocketwizard has caps for Buff slaves...I wonder if it's possible to somehow get them separately.

I know some folks use a binder clip as a cap. I'm sure I could rig something up.

However, I use the buff soft cases in a suitcase so I'd want some type of hard case for the slaves if I were to keep them with the light. Currently, I keep my transcievers in my camera bag so I'm not really worried about forgetting them. At any rate, I ordered the pelican 1010 case so assuming everything fits, I should be good. Thanks for the rec.