Barn on the Range
/forum/topic/1167102/0

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6322

Barn

Cloudbow
Total Posts: 1797

To me, what makes this shot are the shapes of the two openings in the barn and the little hill to the right of it. The large expanse of sky forces the viewer to hunt for the significant details.

Bev

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6322

Cloudbow wrote:
To me, what makes this shot are the shapes of the two openings in the barn and the little hill to the right of it. The large expanse of sky forces the viewer to hunt for the significant details.

Bev

Why thank you very much. The small hill you refer to is called a drumlin which is a glacial formation formed after the last ice age where the advancing ice pushed debris, usually sand and gravel, forward. Drumlins are interesting in that the rough edge always points north, the direction the ice moved forward.

Cloudbow
Total Posts: 1797

Rick Joyce wrote:
Cloudbow wrote:

Bev

Why thank you very much. The small hill you refer to is called a drumlin which is a glacial formation formed after the last ice age where the advancing ice pushed debris, usually sand and gravel, forward. Drumlins are interesting in that the rough edge always points north, the direction the ice moved forward.

Interesting! Thanks for the additional info.

Bev

Pazzaz
Total Posts: 2148

Powerful image, Rick.