How many shots on your 1DX so far?
/forum/topic/1166998/0

2       end

Will Patterson
Total Posts: 4649

Bought mine in July, camera says <34k Didn't think i had that many on it already.

ggreene
Total Posts: 2036

I got mine the second week of Sept and it probably has at least 20K on it. It's designed to be used so enjoy the photos. Shutters are easy to replace, moments in time aren't.

John--G
Total Posts: 2281

Bought mine in July. I'm sure I am well over 100K but it's not something I keep track of.

Where on the camera are you seeing a shutter count?

AmIgone
Total Posts: 398

Well I received my in July. I just hit 10K this weekend.

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 9835

And you're telling us this because.......?

Will Patterson

John--G wrote:
Bought mine in July. I'm sure I am well over 100K but it's not something I keep track of.

Where on the camera are you seeing a shutter count?

It's somewhere in the menus, I think camera status? Or something like that.

John--G

Will Patterson wrote:

It's somewhere in the menus, I think camera status? Or something like that.

I did a search of the PDF manual and the only mention of shutter count is related to the battery status. Which only gives the count since the last charge - it resets when you charge the battery.

Given that getting the shutter count on recent 1-series has been cloaked in mystery I would be very surprised if Canon provided such a feature.

I certainly welcome the information if you have it. I've been all thru the camera and manual and can not find any such status.

Will Patterson

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1136966

Check page 374 of the manual. It's under Set-up 4 (yellow), then system status display. It'll display the serial number, firmware version, release cycles, and camera status log (if there were any errors, it keeps a record of them).

John--G

Will Patterson wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1136966

Check page 374 of the manual. It's under Set-up 4 (yellow), then system status display. It'll display the serial number, firmware version, release cycles, and camera status log (if there were any errors, it keeps a record of them).

Well how about that. "Release cycles". No wonder I couldn't find it - I was looking for "shutter". My estimate of 100K was pretty good - it is showing </= 135K.

Thanks again - I would have never found it!

Hammy
Total Posts: 2844

Not a 1Dx yet, but with my first Mark2N, I hit 430,000 clicks in it's first 6 months of life.

(yes, > 70,000 a month... which only comes out to about 100/hour... every hour for 6 straight months )

Fast6
Total Posts: 542

Hammy wrote:
Not a 1Dx yet, but with my first Mark2N, I hit 430,000 clicks in it's first 6 months of life.

(yes, > 70,000 a month... which only comes out to about 100/hour... every hour for 6 straight months )

Whoa.

John--G

I was thinking that perhaps I am being too trigger happy but looking over the activity from the past 5 months I see I shot:

1 - Football game
4 - Volleyball games
51 - Field Hockey games
19 - Soccer games

That's not counting the 30-mins of warm-ups that I shoot before each game.

I think I've been too LIGHT on the trigger!

ggreene
Total Posts: 2036

That's a serious love for Field Hockey!

There is really no right no wrong when it comes to how many photos you take. The bottom line is still to get usable images. No one cares how you got them.

rscheffler
Total Posts: 4938

It says around 60K since mid-August, which is about 1666 rolls of 36 exposure film. Would I have shot that much back in the film days... no, because the cameras were typically 5-6 fps. Also, a significant portion of those images were shot available light in hockey arenas where (for this specific client), if we were back in the film days, would have been shot on strobe at one frame every second or two rather than ISO 6400 at 10-12 fps...

What I'm finding with the X vs. the 1DIV and III is that my productivity from sports events has increased about 30-40% in quantity. While I haven't analyzed it closely, I would say the keeper rate (technically acceptable images) has also increased, but in the 50% range. And I don't think my technique has improved that much in one season. It's simply the higher fps rate captures a broader selection of images and the better AF performance results in more technically acceptable keepers. I do feel this results in a better selection of final best images as well.

John--G

ggreene wrote:
That's a serious love for Field Hockey!

Yep! I've been doing field hockey for 10 years. 7th grade thru University level.

spdntrxi
Total Posts: 405

man... less then 2K still.. I need to get out

Ed Porter
Total Posts: 116

4,000 and loving it!

eskimochaos
Total Posts: 871

186k.

Will Patterson

eskimochaos wrote:
186k.

Dayum!

Any problems?

Imagemaster
Total Posts: 34998

Jeffrey wrote:
And you're telling us this because.......?

Because he is bored from not taking enough shots.

2       end