D700 Naked...
/forum/topic/1166795/0

2       end

ct8282
Total Posts: 2199

A very cool and interesting shot of the D700 stripped bare....

http://500px.com/photo/17513071

I know just how much time and effort is involved in designing electronic products as my business is an electronics manufacturer, but D-SLRs are seriously complex machines. We just expect them to work for us, without fail, every time and in most instances most of us will never experience a problem with our cams. Amazing when you realise just how many precision components, both electronic and mechanic, go into our cameras.

Interesting reading through the comments on the link too. Spot the Canon fanboys..... Lol.

BenV
Total Posts: 8158

Hate to disagree, but it looks like multiple photos just Photoshopped together. Yes they are an incredible piece of machinery, but thats about it. If you want to talk about crazy small technology, look at cell phones. how the communicate with towers, satellite in space, and give us great battery life all in our pockets!

ct8282

BenV wrote:
Hate to disagree, but it looks like multiple photos just Photoshopped together. Yes they are an incredible piece of machinery, but thats about it. If you want to talk about crazy small technology, look at cell phones. how the communicate with towers, satellite in space, and give us great battery life all in our pockets!

Disagree with what?

BenV
Total Posts: 8158

ct8282 wrote:
BenV wrote:

Disagree with what?

that its a very cool and interesting photo....

ct8282

BenV wrote:
ct8282 wrote:
BenV wrote:

Disagree with what?

that its a very cool and interesting photo....

Lol. I see.

Not even slightly interested to see the innards of top Nikon camera?

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 929

Man, that clusterf*** is unbelievable.

I really don't understand why the addition of a mirrorbox means DSLR innards can't be clean and organized like Sony NEX innards.

I wonder if Sony's DSLRs look like this or an NEX on the inside? And if it's the latter, their profit margins must be 10x Nikon and Canon's. Hmmm...

ct8282

Unless Sony have found a way to defy the laws of physics and mechanics I'm thinking their DSLR's will require very similar numbers of components as any other DSLR manufacturer. The NEX cams are completely different.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9455

Very cool, reminds me of a company named Heathkit. Most of you are probably too young to remember them, but you could buy all kinds of electronic devices as kits, and assemble them yourself by following the included directions.

I helped my dad put together a color TV years ago, even had to solder pieces to the circuit boards. It took weeks to finish, but man what fun!

carstenw
Total Posts: 15819

Hmm, the screws are missing.

ct8282

leighton w wrote:
Very cool, reminds me of a company named Heathkit. Most of you are probably too young to remember them, but you could buy all kinds of electronic devices as kits, and assemble them yourself by following the included directions.

I helped my dad put together a color TV years ago, even had to solder pieces to the circuit boards. It took weeks to finish, but man what fun!

Very cool. I had a build your own radio once for Christmas when I was a kid. I remember trying to wind the copper wire for the receiver and making a complete hash of it.

Gregstx
Total Posts: 601

Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking. Kind of bland overall. Maybe he disassembled the wrong camera.

ct8282

Gregstx wrote:
Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking. Kind of bland overall. Maybe he disassembled the wrong camera.

Lol. Now now...!

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

Tough crowd.

I think it is awesome.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15819

Gregstx wrote:
Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking.

It did fall in the water...

ct8282

DTOB wrote:
Tough crowd.

I think it is awesome.

Lol. You're not wrong. Just figured peeps would be interested to see just how much goes into their camera. Guess not.

I thought it was cool nonetheless.

runamuck
Total Posts: 7016

carstenw wrote:
Hmm, the screws are missing.

They are optional at extra cost. $17.99 each plus labor and handling.

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 929

ct8282 wrote:
Unless Sony have found a way to defy the laws of physics and mechanics I'm thinking their DSLR's will require very similar numbers of components as any other DSLR manufacturer. The NEX cams are completely different.

I know the NEX have a vastly simpler component list, but there's more to it than that.

The inside of a DSLR is a mess. Flex cables going every which way, things crammed into every corner...it's like they designed every board/component seperately and then MacGuyver'ed a way to fit them all together. We're lucky nothing's held in with chewing gum or duct tape. The NEX looks like it was designed to fit together.

RKH
Total Posts: 592

D600 disassembly, step by step.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nikon+D600+Teardown/10708/1
Kim

EltonTeng
Total Posts: 2612

Gregstx wrote:

It was taken with a Canon 1D4 according to the Chrome EXIF reader.

Kittyk
Total Posts: 4405

BenV wrote:

not as much interesting, no mechanic there and nowadays practically single chip solution

2       end