Another wedding up for grabs.
/forum/topic/1166183/0

jcolman
Total Posts: 5948

Hurry hurry hurry folks. This one won't last long! Where is it you ask? Why it's in Your city!!

Here's the email I received from the "client";

My name is Alves cesc and my fiance name is Susan Peter .We are planing to Have Our wedding in your city,the date of our wedding is on
January 25th 2013. They are still working on the venue and as soon as the venue is ready i will let you know.I want to know if the date is available and i want you to give me your fee,we will be in State on December 2Oth 2012 by then the contract will have been finished because am in New Zealand now for business.Looking forward to read from you soon.
Thanks God Bless

Now my only question is, how much should my fee be? I'm thinking of something along the lines of $25,000. After all, Their Wedding is in the middle of freaking winter. That should command a bonus right there!

Jamesbjenkins
Total Posts: 847

$25,000 would be your "special discounted friends and family" rate, right?

jcolman

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
$25,000 would be your "special discounted friends and family" rate, right?
Exactly! I will be sure to let Mr. cesc (no capitol "C" for him!) know that he's getting a great deal.

ai3x
Total Posts: 2368

I'd actually probably reply with a sensible reply to this one. I've booked 5 weddings for next year from out of country clients and I'm chatting to another couple from Singapore on Friday.

Depending upon where they're from English can often be a second language.

jcolman

ai3x wrote:
I'd actually probably reply with a sensible reply to this one. I've booked 5 weddings for next year from out of country clients and I'm chatting to another couple from Singapore on Friday.

Too late. I sent them my $25,000 fee email. Let's see what happens. EDIT: this is the second such email I've received in the last week. Neither email came thru my website so some spammer somewhere got ahold of my email addy. The first email was from a lady who wanted me to shoot her sisters wedding in Battle Creek MI in the middle of winter. All expenses paid, yadda yadda.

joelconner
Total Posts: 3884

ai3x wrote:

This is America...you either speak American or you are fail at life!

ai3x
Total Posts: 2368

jcolman wrote:
ai3x wrote:

Too late. I sent them my $25,000 fee email. Let's see what happens. EDIT: this is the second such email I've received in the last week. Neither email came thru my website so some spammer somewhere got ahold of my email addy. The first email was from a lady who wanted me to shoot her sisters wedding in Battle Creek MI in the middle of winter. All expenses paid, yadda yadda.

Interesting. Any idea what they're trying to scam you for?

amonline
Total Posts: 6980

Yea, I would have answered it appropriately. You never know.

TTLKurtis
Total Posts: 10017

Boy I want in on this one...

jcolman

ai3x wrote:
jcolman wrote:
ai3x wrote:

Most likely they will send me a bogus check for more than my fee. Then they will ask me to send them the overage prior to the wedding. They want me to deposit the check and send money from my account back to then, right away. When their check eventually bounces, I'm out the funds I sent to them.

brianclary
Total Posts: 170

Most likely they will send me a bogus check for more than my fee. Then they will ask me to send them the overage prior to the wedding. They want me to deposit the check and send money from my account back to then, right away. When their check eventually bounces, I'm out the funds I sent to them.

Yup, I keep hearing this one, too. It's a shame.

mccallmedia
Total Posts: 383

ai3x wrote:
jcolman wrote:
ai3x wrote:

They will send you a bogus cashier's check for more than you're required deposit amount and ask you to forward the rest through Western Union to the supposed caterer. I was getting some bogus inquiries and decided to go through with one just to make sure it wasn't legit. Got the check, sure enough for $1k more than the deposit amount with instructions to forward to the caterer in New Hampshire (their wedding was supposedly going to be in Montana fairly close to me.) I took the check to the bank and told them the story and had them check for funds and sure enough, it was bogus. I turned everything over to the police from there.

I'm sure this one is bogus but you won't lose anything by going along with it. Just make sure that you never send/forward any money and don't ever use western union! If you get a bogus check just turn it over to the police and maybe you'll help catch one of these dbags

amonline

Deposit the check. Wait 30 days. If you send money, you deserve to get screwed. lol

mccallmedia
Total Posts: 383

basically, if anyone ever sends you more money than your deposit, or what you're selling price is for something, or whatever, and asks you to send the extra funds wherever, it's a scam. I mean seriously, who sends $1,000 extra to a stranger and trusts them to send it somewhere? Nobody. And if Western Union is part of the equation, well that's just the icing on the cake.

amonline

I say, get the check... tell 'em it didn't get there... get another... tell 'em it didn't get there... I think you get the picture.