Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session
/forum/topic/1165753/0

HubbardJA
Total Posts: 913

Hello,

I'm working with a client who would like to have a "paint fight / write a save the date on a canvas or sheet" engagement session.

This sounds easy in theory - give them paint and let them have at it But I was wondering if anyone here has don't something similar in the past? If so, would you mind sharing how you handled the logistics of the shoot?

I'm trying to work with them to find a location as well as thinking about how to contain the paint so noting is damaged or the ground isn't polluted with paint. I'd also love to see an example or two on how a session like this has turned out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jayson

Ian Ivey
Total Posts: 1323

Hey, Jason,

Tempera paint is washable and non-toxic, so you can just hose down the area when you're done and not worry too much about trying to contain paint your wild-eyed clients are throwing around.

TTLKurtis
Total Posts: 9739

I think Hoffer did something like this a while back. Maybe it was someone else. But yeah I'm guessing they got the idea from seeing that session.

awad
Total Posts: 409

http://redfieldphotography.com/redfieldblog/2012/nicole-brian-engaged

we did this a while back. the paint shots are at the bottom.

he was a baseball player. so instead of throwing paint, they filled balloons and took turns batting at each other.

we did it out in the middle of the forest, we didn't use too many balloons so we werent really worried about damaging anything.

HubbardJA

awad wrote:

he was a baseball player. so instead of throwing paint, they filled balloons and took turns batting at each other.

we did it out in the middle of the forest, we didn't use too many balloons so we werent really worried about damaging anything.

Very nice! I really like this... would you mind me sending them the link to your post?

HubbardJA

Ian Ivey wrote:
Hey, Jason,

Tempera paint is washable and non-toxic, so you can just hose down the area when you're done and not worry too much about trying to contain paint your wild-eyed clients are throwing around.

Thanks Ian! I'll let them know about this.

awad
Total Posts: 409

HubbardJA wrote:
awad wrote:

Very nice! I really like this... would you mind me sending them the link to your post?

thanks man. and go for it, hopefully it helps out.

HubbardJA

Last call... anyone else have a paint experience or any tips you're willing to share?

Thanks,
Jayson

Tony Hoffer
Total Posts: 8750

My clients did it, but it was kind of organic. We shot them as they were moving into the new house and it just sorta happened. We used regular interior paint because it was spontaneous.