Wedding Technique and Post Processing how to...
/forum/topic/1165749/0

JCLittle
Total Posts: 29

Interested in understanding more about how this technique is accomplished. Primarily using LR4 and several different presets but haven't quite nailed it like this. The combination of light and color is what I'm striving for. Is there a preset for LR4 that will get me here? Would love to hear your comments...

http://pure-light-studio.com/category/wedding/

Thank you!

joelconner
Total Posts: 3884

slight desaturation
split toning
tweaked HSL
blacks rolled off
whites rolled off

quite a bit of it looks VSCO like to me

abadass
Total Posts: 212

joelconner wrote:
slight desaturation
split toning
tweaked HSL
blacks rolled off
whites rolled off

quite a bit of it looks VSCO like to me

I'll add lowering the contrast a bit as well or sliding the black point up / white point down on curves.

amonline
Total Posts: 6980

abadass wrote:
I'll add lowering the contrast a bit as well or sliding the black point up / white point down on curves.

Um, he said that. lol

Personally, I don't think it's all VSCO. However, you could achieve something similar with their tool kit. I do agree the blacks are rolled off conservatively. Maybe 3-5% at most. The highlights are recovered as well. Otherwise, it just looks like preference of color. They obviously like the peachy side of flesh tones, and color overall. It could be a tweaked color profile/preset that they've built.

The outdoor stuff and the creamed whites could also be from the VSCO toolbox, but lets be honest. There are tons of PS actions and plugins that do the exact same thing. Given the choice of "noiselessness", I'd say they're probably PS based. Some of it reminds me of TR stuff.

If its VSCO, it's been tweaked a lot. Personally, I think it's RadLab or something PS based.

The only thing that points me towards VSCO is that they're in the northwest. lol