#527 Love in "10 seconds"
/forum/topic/1165743/0

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3102

I met my wife 31 Years ago we were both going to college at the time after six months I ask her father to have her hand in marriage, a respectful tradition, he granted my wish to marry her , so I ask her to marry me she ran upstairs and came down and said if you hold this love glass and you will have my answer if it bubble to the top within ten seconds and it did, six months later we married and have been married now thirty year come next may, we married on my birthday. Thanks for stopping by.

Norm

strawbearlyjam
Total Posts: 22

I don't really understand the story, maybe i am missing something. It is a very pretty blown glass object, but I don't know what it is... Is this a tradition, or like a Magic 8 ball?

strawbearlyjam
Total Posts: 22

The photograph itself is very nice though, I like the paper/background and the contrast with the Asian inspired print and French blown glass.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3102

Thanks Strawbearlyjam for your comments

The Hand blown glass when held is like a thermometer the liquid inside when you hold the bottom of the glass in your hand the liquid flows threw the center and bubbles up into the top at the end there is no liquid in the bottom, its something my wife picked up in France many years ago before we even met, she was told if she would give this to the man who asked her to marry him that it would do what I explained and bubble up into the top of the glass in ten seconds then she would find the man she was waiting for , I was the first she asked to hold the love glass, she could of ask anyone to hold it and it would of worked also, but that is the love part. I hope you understand what I've said. My wife is Chinese and the asking her father if I could have her hand in marriage is showing respect to her father.

Norm