Using the same CF card from a Canon MK3 to MK2, i loss the information
/forum/topic/1165539/0

MKIII
Total Posts: 2

Hi Friends, I was using a CF card in my Canon MK3 and passing the same card (with videos) to my MK2 i missed all the information I had in the card. I've run DataRescue 3.x ios Lion (www.datarescue.com) and I could not recover anything useful. Only black screens with about 3 seconds of audio of previous videos.

The card I was using is a SanDisk 32GB Extreme 60MB/s. As extra information, at the same time in the MK3 i was install a SD Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB receiving JPGs and was not being used at the time of the problem.

Anyone else has suffered this? What other NEW recovery software can recommend to run on the card?

From Chile, anguished greetings ...

firstgear99
Total Posts: 344

No, I routinely pass cards between my 1DsIII, 5D, 5DII and a 7D

They all just write to the card and I can find all files.....did you format the card? That would be a problem....

Michael H
Total Posts: 3313

I too use cards between cameras all the time. Never an issue. Like the comment above me, I think you neglected one important point; did you format the card when you put it into the MK2?

MKIII
Total Posts: 2

Hi friends,

No, i dont make the format. I put the CF card (like other times) i make a video in the MK2, i try to play that video and i dont find the file. I shoot a picture in the MK2 and a make a normal preview. So, i take the CF card and i put a gain in the MK3 to see the last videos and.... Nothing... only i find the last picture in the MK2

Regards from Chile

Michael H
Total Posts: 3313

I do not know what to suggest about how this might have happened. I have had very good results with Image Rescue (I use version 3) that I got from Lexar as part of a card purchase. You might look for that program.

If it were me, I would likely dispose of the card to eliminate any future problems. Only exception would be if it were still under manufacture warranty. In that case, I would submit a claim.

Good luck