Snowdonia autumn reflections & a Fairy Glen, North Wales
/forum/topic/1165340/0

simonkit
Total Posts: 276

Fortunately the weather turned out better than expected Sunday morning so I managed a sunrise shoot at Llyn Crafnant in the Snowdonia National Park, North Wales. I also went to Fairy Glen near Betws Y Coed and gave my new Lee 10 stop it's first outing.

Llyn Crafnant, Snowdonia National Park photograph

Fairy Glen, Betws Y Coed photograph

JimFox
Total Posts: 36520

Hey Simon,

I like what you got here, you had some great light in #1. My favorite though is #2, that is a really sweet shot.

Jim

philtax
Total Posts: 2870

Hi Simon,

Ditto #2. The colors are marvelous and I like the slow shutter and filtered light.

Phil

simonkit

Thanks for the comments...I'm certainly happy with my first "10 stopper" photograph, definitely be using it again !!

Simon

LizzieShepherd
Total Posts: 718

Both beautiful compositions, Simon - though I also like #2 best for its mood and there is nice texture in the water, despite the long exposure.
Just a thought - but the Lee BS gives quite a cool blue cast to images - it's entirely a matter of preference as to whether one warms it back up in processing or not - but I wondered how this one would look just a tad warmer to bring out those lovely autumnal leaves?
Lizzie

simonkit

Apologies for the loss of the photo links, just completely re-constructed my website which hosts all the photos, back online now

Simon

kellyakinsart
Total Posts: 513

Beautiful lighting.
I like the cool mood of #2.

Kelly

nburwell
Total Posts: 3169

Great captures. I really like both images equally.

-Nick

Garrick L
Total Posts: 288

Lovely captures, but my personal preference for #2 would be to warm the tones a wee bit. Tis a lovely area, my Mum & Dad used to live in Dolgellau

Bones74
Total Posts: 902

That first one is spectacular. I dream of capturing an image like this

helenica
Total Posts: 1323

Nice set here.

David Leask
Total Posts: 33954

Lovely shots Simon, the light colours and reflections in the first one make it my favourite
David

Mirza Ahmad
Total Posts: 1240

Both are beautiful but I have a soft spot for long exposures and the second is very nice indeed.
Mirza

thw2
Total Posts: 2791

Nicely done! I think the use of ND Grad in the first shot is kinda obvious, given that the reflection is brighter than the actual subject.