old school triangular Canon strappy things....
/forum/topic/1165292/0

RichardLavigne
Total Posts: 5340

You know those little triangular doo-hickeys (that's a technical term) that Canon used to use to connect their straps to the body? Does anyone know where I can get those? I just took delivery of this minty fresh Canon F-1 and that seems to be the only thing missing.

Mike Sowsun
Total Posts: 116

This is not OEM Canon, but might do the trick for you..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/196374-REG/Hama_HA_279_02_Split_Rings_Triangle_Set.html

"I bought some Hama triangle split rings to attach a strap to the lugs of my New F1, but they are of lesser quality and not as robust as those that Canon used to supply"

"They work, but they're not the same as the ones that came with your camera. Slightly smaller wire and poorer bends than I'd like; they work just the same so I'll give them 4 Stars"

M Lucca
Total Posts: 1040

they don't look very strong. Today's dslr and lenses are quite heavy.

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6416

They are strong, each will probably hold 30 pounds securely (you'll probably tear your strap or pull the stud from the camera before you bend these!). But you want the ones with embedded plastic bumpers.

I bought some on eBay recently.

Here's a great deal, currently listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-CAMERA-STRAP-LUG-RINGS-AE-1-A-1-FTn-ORIGINAL-/110974021529?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item19d6912f99

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9561

M Lucca wrote:

Ah dunno, the pro cameras and lens of yesterday were often made of steel and brass, not plastics and magnesium. F1N looks like it might out weigh a 1D series. I have an old FM3A with motor drive (8 AA batteries) and it feels like 3 bricks tied together. And it is a compact camera compared to a F1N.

RichardLavigne
Total Posts: 5340

Gochugogi wrote:
M Lucca wrote:

Ah dunno, the pro cameras and lens of yesterday were often made of steel and brass, not plastics and magnesium. F1N looks like it might out weigh a 1D series. I have an old FM3A with motor drive (8 AA batteries) and it feels like 3 bricks tied together. And it is a compact camera compared to a F1N.

I would say that the F1 is easily the same weight as a 5DmkIII with grip or my old 1DmkIII.