Canon Mark IV count??
/forum/topic/1165258/0

leica1
Total Posts: 374

Anyone know how I can get an accurate shutter count on my Mark IV?

Fish On
Total Posts: 1707

Canon CPS.

Papathanassiou
Total Posts: 320

Why do so many photographers have this problem? With all my Camera's I leave the file number on continuous, then when the count reaches 10,000 I make sure the next folder is 101, you can then see at any time the shutter count on the small LCD on the back of the Camera!

Papa.

spdntrxi
Total Posts: 405

EOSCount.. worked for my MKIV

peterbosox
Total Posts: 180

Sorry to hijack this thread, but do the above programs also work to find the count on the 1D MK III ?

John--G
Total Posts: 2281

Papathanassiou wrote:
Why do so many photographers have this problem? With all my Camera's I leave the file number on continuous, then when the count reaches 10,000 I make sure the next folder is 101, you can then see at any time the shutter count on the small LCD on the back of the Camera!

Papa.

I would guess that more folks use the folder feature to organize images as they are captured. When I shoot a large tournament or even something like three basketball games in the same evening I first manually create folders 100, 101 and 102 via the menus. I put game-1 in folder 100, game-2 in folder 101, etc. I've shot as many as 15 games in one day during a field hockey tournament and had them nicely organized into folders when I got home. It made it very easy to sort and upload into the appropriate web folders.

I then format the card and start over the next day.

John--G
Total Posts: 2281

spdntrxi wrote:
EOSCount.. worked for my MKIV

I could not get EOSCount to work with any of my MkIVs. It was probably user error though and getting the count was not a high priority. Shutter count is only necessary when you sell the camera because it unfortunately seems to be the only detail buyers are interested in. Go figure.

andyz
Total Posts: 583

I believe though, and correct me if this is incorrect, that Live View adds to a shutter count, but I think your images are still numbered sequentially. So the count is increased when using Live View, but your folder count is an approximate, depending on how Live View is used.

scalesusa
Total Posts: 2487

EOS Count worked fine for me (Windows Only)

Also FoCal Pro gives the shutter count for my 5D MK III, I'm not certain about the MK IV, i've sold mine and did not save the FoCal files..

Jonathan Huynh
Total Posts: 9378

Link here

http://www.eoscount.com/

John P Mulgrew
Total Posts: 4506

How accurate is EOS Count? Has anyone used it then sent the body into Canon to be checked by them?