Ever Seen A White One?
/forum/topic/1165063/0

teked
Total Posts: 6976

Hi, all. Haven't been doing much with wildlife lately. But, wanted to share this one. Taken on a recent trip to the NC mountains.

For more info:
http://whitesquirrels.com/about-white-squirrels/

Cheers,
Ed

birdied
Total Posts: 23478

What a beauty !!! Great shot , love the background.

Birdie

Tim Kuhn
Total Posts: 45043

Nope never seen one Ed, now I know what color they are! Nice shot of him against the fall colors.

Tim

surfnron
Total Posts: 31448

A nice shot Ed. I'm on the hunt for one now. I know where it lives, but these 6 day weeks are giving me limited opportunities... ~ Ron

KCollett
Total Posts: 23391

Nice pose and a great BG. Lovely image.

David Leask
Total Posts: 35474

Never seen one in the flesh Ed. Nice capture.
David

zquaratella
Total Posts: 261

Never seen that before, and there's a whole lot of squirrels around here...

Rob Tillyer
Total Posts: 13976

That's a beauty Ed, and what a nice BG. I have heard of them but haven't seen one yet.

Rob

kmunroe
Total Posts: 29612

nicely done Ed

dennisgibson
Total Posts: 4104

There's one that lives 2 streets over from me. Haven't seen him in a few months. I'll take a walk tomorrow and see if he's around and take a quick pic. Also took some pics of another near my work about an hour from my house. They're pretty cool to see.

wilsocn
Total Posts: 147

Hi Ed. Nice shot of a cool looking squirrel. I have actually seen quite a few of them. I went to school at Western Kentucky University and there were several running around campus. The school paper even ran an article on them at one point talking about how a recessive gene was the cause and that they were not albino as many students believed.

Thomas Sanders
Total Posts: 15694

Good to see you Ed
A treat to see this one and super rare

Tom

mike717
Total Posts: 8088

Nice one Ed! I've never heard of white squirrels but there are a few black ones here and there.

Mike

Howard Kearley
Total Posts: 8135

hes cute

Howard

squareeyez
Total Posts: 1333

Had one across the street from my home in central Florida a couple of years ago. I haven't seen it since but I was able to snap a few shots of it when I first saw it. Unfortunately there are a lot of hawks here and I don't think a white squirrel has much of a chance of decent camouflage...

I spotted it running across the road when I was coming home and wasn't sure what the heck I had seen. It seemed to be in a hurry to build a home of some kind in the oaks. What a treat it was. I also went straight to the internet and found that they are a bit of a phenom around the country.

teked
Total Posts: 6976

Thanks all for the interesting comments on this post. My intent on posting this was simply to share. Glad you enjoyed seeing a white squirrel.

Cheers,
Ed