U-9 Soccer from Today
/forum/topic/1164856/0

WebSouth
Total Posts: 18

Just got a 70-200mm MKII a few shots from my daughters U-9 Soccer around noon today.

schlotz
Total Posts: 2659

Your strongest is the last one, it has isolation, ball, face and action. Would suggest brightening the shadows a bit.

WebSouth

Any suggestions how to shoot mid day would be greatly appreciated. Ended up shooting over 700 pics with 75% of them being keepers.

gschlact
Total Posts: 792

Some general tips for you.
1. Mind your backgrounds for distractions etc. as a parent this effort requires work and will isolate you from socializing eight the rest of the team.
2. Straighten your horizons. Use Verticle objects in the photo and make sure the aren't tilted.
3. Shoot tight and from sitting position (on,y your first shot violates this)
4. Catch as much face, ball, contact as possible.
5. Daylight can be shot with sun to your back or front, I find that side-sun forces compromise on the exposure. Shoot manual settings if possible and light /exposure is consistent from shot to shot. Adjust if you move position as required.
5b. You can try auto ISo. But may have to try different metering modes.
5c. May need to move to Tv mode if you need EC since Canon doesn't provide in Manual mode.

Guy

svanstone9
Total Posts: 52

gschlact wrote:
Some general tips for you.
1. Mind your backgrounds for distractions etc. as a parent this effort requires work and will isolate you from socializing eight the rest of the team.
2. Straighten your horizons. Use Verticle objects in the photo and make sure the aren't tilted.
3. Shoot tight and from sitting position (on,y your first shot violates this)
4. Catch as much face, ball, contact as possible.
5. Daylight can be shot with sun to your back or front, I find that side-sun forces compromise on the exposure. Shoot manual settings if possible and light /exposure is consistent from shot to shot. Adjust if you move position as required.
5b. You can try auto ISo. But may have to try different metering modes.
5c. May need to move to Tv mode if you need EC since Canon doesn't provide in Manual mode.

Guy

Well Spoken,

schlotz
Total Posts: 2659

Let's give the rest a quick go over:

1. Too far away, crop much tighter, horizon off, background is not the best although a very tight crop should improve it.
2. Ball is very distracting as it pulls the eye away from the player due to it being too far from the player. Shadows need bumping...
3. Two concerns, first no ball but also look at the hand. Not something to give to the mom, IMO. BTW, horizon off a tad.
4. As I indicated earlier, the best of the lot but bump up the shadows (too dark).

Keep shooting, it gets better!

WebSouth

Thanks