1DX AI servo 1st image priority?
/forum/topic/1164644/0

pompo
Total Posts: 610

I have just read that article on sports shooter by Peter Read Miler http://www.sportsshooter.com/news_story.html?id=2678 where he says that he keeps the AI servo 1st image priority and AI servo 2nd image priority set both to Equal Priority...

It seems to me that if the 1DX is so fast at autofocusing both could be set on Focusing instead.

Has anyone found a real world difference while tracking moving objects with this set at default and set on Focus Priority? I keep both mine set to Focus, but I'm wondering if I should leave 'em at default too?

parquin
Total Posts: 19

I've used both. Focus priority will give uneven timing between shots which could be undesirable if you want to use the whole sequence (eg: overlap them in layers)

pompo

so that means it's should be slighter faster set to default then..I'l try to set it back to default ....Thank you

ggreene
Total Posts: 2006

parquin wrote:
I've used both. Focus priority will give uneven timing between shots which could be undesirable if you want to use the whole sequence (eg: overlap them in layers)

I just did an indoor swim meet trying out focus priority and this is what I found as well. It can sometimes make sequences very choppy in timing. I'm going to revert back to equal priority.

pompo

ggreene wrote:
parquin wrote:

I just did an indoor swim meet trying out focus priority and this is what I found as well. It can sometimes make sequences very choppy in timing. I'm going to revert back to equal priority.

thank you