Radio popper Jrx or Px?
/forum/topic/1164435/0

CoLmes
Total Posts: 291

I'm confused on what I should do.

Basically, I want to try and get the best/easiest wireless triggers for studio as cheaply as possible. I want to stay with Radiopoppers because that is what my friends use. I'm wondering if I should go with the Px or Jrx.. or even mix and match the Px Transmitter with the Jrx receiver. I just shot a wedding and it was really nice to have off camera flash and have an on camera flash at the same time during the reception.

Besides that, what does having HSS and the capabilities of going past 1/250 do for me? I'm just dabbling into the studio aspect of photography now and I have been reading a lot and researching on the topic, but I was hoping maybe I could get some on-job experiences with the system. Right now I'm sort of leaning toward a Px transmitter mixed with Jrx receivers. My ideal lighting would be the capability of having 3 lights, 2 speed lights and an alienbee.

kenyee
Total Posts: 1526

FYI, mixing PX/JrX only works w/ Canon and it'll drop your sync speed.
Why not just try your friends' radiopoppers out and see how they work for you?

Basically:
PX = i/p-TTL crutch
JrX = manual so you do all the work

CoLmes
Total Posts: 291

Yup I'm a canon user. I actually just did at a wedding we shot, he brought his lights which he was using the PX on them. The nice thing that I noticed was during the cake shot, I was able to have a flash on my camera AND a off camera flash to fill the room. That was nice, I know if I had the Jrx I wouldn't have that luxury. I'm just wondering if that Jrx would be easier to have to use with speedlights/alienbees. I don't mind the manual part of it. I just don't know when I would def. need the hss