Adobe Lightroom 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3 RC updates!
/forum/topic/1164356/0

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 18126

Adobe Lightroom 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3 release candidate versions are now available for download. Lens Profile support was added to many Leica lenses and the new Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM.
Lightroom 4.3 RC for the Mac includes support for Apple's HiDPI displays within the Develop module.

Check out the links below:

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3 RC

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 RC

Photon
Total Posts: 10159

Thanks. Running the Lightroom RC now to see how the Book module does.
Interesting that Adobe added lens correction support for the new Canon 24-70/2.8 L II, but none yet for the Mark II teles (not that they much need it, judging by the 300 that I've used for the past year).

JimboCin
Total Posts: 1154

Thanks Fred! I appreciate having the 24-70 Mk II.

kaycephoto
Total Posts: 1094

installed it just for the 24-70mkII profile - now I can finish up my 24-70mkII review properly corrected sample photos, thanks for the link Fred!

gcuff
Total Posts: 299

Has anybody seen much difference in the develop module on a retina display mac??

I assume no difference on the Thuderbolt display.

Geoff

Lars Johnsson
Total Posts: 33650

Photon wrote:
Thanks. Running the Lightroom RC now to see how the Book module does.
Interesting that Adobe added lens correction support for the new Canon 24-70/2.8 L II, but none yet for the Mark II teles (not that they much need it, judging by the 300 that I've used for the past year).

Don't hope for the long teles. The 800 still not have any support. On the good side is that those long lenses don't really need any correction compared to more normal or wide lenses

Photon
Total Posts: 10159

gcuff wrote:
Has anybody seen much difference in the develop module on a retina display mac??

Geoff

I haven't noticed any difference on my Macbook retina in the develop module.

morganb4
Total Posts: 5313

In what way does it make it 'compatible' with retina display? I thought that a display was just a display?

pizdets17
Total Posts: 547

this update seems to make LR even slower if thats possible..

Lars Johnsson

gcuff wrote:

I assume no difference on the Thuderbolt display.

Geoff

morganb4
Total Posts: 5313

pizdets17 wrote:

</shakes head in disbelief>

Lars Johnsson

morganb4 wrote:
pizdets17 wrote:

</shakes head in disbelief>

It's not slow on my PC. And it's only a RC update. Not the real version.

gcuff
Total Posts: 299

This is what I was referrng to:

Lightroom 4.3 RC for the Mac includes support for Apple's HiDPI displays within the Develop module.

Regards

ben egbert
Total Posts: 7156

Ignore, I got it installed on the second try. It seems to apply too much vignette correction however.
Well the update failed, says I need a new watchamacallit. Download a new application manager or some such.

I really wanted a lens profile for my 24-70 mk2. Guess the hunt is on in the Adobe jungle.

ben egbert

Figured it out. If you have worked an image and applied vignette correction manually, the auto correction adds to that. You need to first get back into manual correction and set it to zero then run auto correct.

joakim
Total Posts: 1566

For me an image viewed in LR Developer module looks much better on a Retina display than when I view it in CamerarRaw, also the image in ACR is much larger than in LR when both are zoomed in to 100% so I guess that is also a way in which LR has been adjusted for the new Retina display.

Lars Johnsson

ben egbert wrote:
Figured it out. If you have worked an image and applied vignette correction manually, the auto correction adds to that. You need to first get back into manual correction and set it to zero then run auto correct.

Why would you first manually correct the vignetting ? And then after correcting it, you correct it one more time!! ?
And you don't have to use the auto correction if you don't like it.

ben egbert

Lars Johnsson wrote:
ben egbert wrote:

Why would you first manually correct the vignetting ? And then after correcting it, you correct it one more time!! ?
And you don't have to use the auto correction if you don't like it.

I have had the lens for several weeks and applied manual correction because PS lacked a profile for this lens. When I went back to the older images and tried the auto correct, it doubled until I went in and removed the manual.

This is not how I would expect the software to work, I would expect one command to over ride the other, it did not.

I posted this as valuable information for others who might have followed the same path I did. The auto correction looks good. The lens has lots of vignetting which I fixed manually. I did not worry about the distortion, but auto corrections fixes that too.