MLS Playoff round 1 - LA Galaxy @ SJ Earthquakes
/forum/topic/1164303/0

Widgic
Total Posts: 331

Some days nothing works... and yesterday evening was one of these!

First half all the action went the other way, and the little that was close, most of my shots were just crap. Second half was a little better and I got a couple of good shots of Beckham and Donovan in.

Oh well... Here are a few shots anyways and more at http://widgic.zenfolio.com/121107-01/slideshow

Denis
www.widgic.com

xicotencatl
Total Posts: 1014

Nice portraits! (1&2).
My fave is #4, being #6 the one I don't like.

Lio.

Carl Auer
Total Posts: 9620

Nice. I thought Donovan was out with an injury? I like how when Donovan gets carded or a talking too by the ref, Beckham has to interject. He did that here against the Rapids when Donovan got booked with a yellow.

Widgic
Total Posts: 331

Carl Auer wrote:
Nice. I thought Donovan was out with an injury? I like how when Donovan gets carded or a talking too by the ref, Beckham has to interject. He did that here against the Rapids when Donovan got booked with a yellow.

I didn't count but the ref worn out his yellow card in the first half... A lot of elbows to the face during jumps for headers (in some events that will get you a red card, see Yoann Gourcuff in the first round of the 2010 world cup).

Neither Donovan nor Beckham played the last time the Galaxy were are the Earthquakes a few weeks ago. Honestly I think both are ready to retire. Beckham cruised in the midfield, Donovan was a little more aggressive, but neither were play makers really.

thetaobear
Total Posts: 123

4 is fantastic!

ian408
Total Posts: 1133

Last time I saw Donovan was at the car wash. He looked a little long in the tooth then

#4 & #7 are great. The exchange between the ref & Donovan/Beckham is good too.