DNG Flat Field Plug-in for Lightroom > anybody?
/forum/topic/1164283/0



rsrsrs
Registered: May 14, 2008
Total Posts: 751
Country: Germany

hi,
the search did not find anything,
so did anybody tried the plugin?

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroomplugins/

i just recieved the contax G 28mm for my Nex7 and did wonder if,
anybody uses this combo with the plugin?

regards
reinhard



Taylor Sherman
Registered: Mar 26, 2012
Total Posts: 1052
Country: United States

I'm using it. I've already got a good Cornerfix profile for the 21SEM, so I still use it for that. But I'm using FF for the 28 Elmarit as it was easier to get it working correctly.



Lleuallen
Registered: Jan 12, 2011
Total Posts: 50
Country: United States

I use the FF plugin with m4/3 and lenses less than 50mm used on a shift adapter. It is not required on lenses over 50mm. I use the Capture One diffusion plastic.

I had given up on panos using wide lenses with the shift adapter due to the color shift. This makes them practical and of high quality. In fact, I am now looking for some new legacy 28mm lenses to use. The OM 28mm I have does not reach infinity focus with the adapter so I need a substitute.

I would not use it with wide lenses in normal shooting circumstances such as general shooting because it is too much bother. But for specialized uses such as panos, it is great.

Keep in mind that you have to have a FF correction image for each f stop and focus distance which would be a pain for general shooting but no problem for panos where everything tends to stay the same for a set of pictures.

Here is a recent pano I shot. Note that with the m4/3 shift adapter, the lens is stationary and the body move and thus there is no parallax error.

Larry





.


sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10059
Country: United States

i use the g28 on a NEX-7 with the lightroom plugin. seems to work great, i spent about 5 min taking the correction shots and haven't really thought about it since.

here is a landscape shot with it:



i've posted a bunch of shots with the combo in the NEX thread as well.



rsrsrs
Registered: May 14, 2008
Total Posts: 751
Country: Germany

hi sebboh,
this looks really great.
makes me smile.
thx.
r



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 4911
Country: Canada

I sooooo want the G 28



rsrsrs
Registered: May 14, 2008
Total Posts: 751
Country: Germany

Hi Sebboh,
do you use only one reference picture for all,
or do you create a new one for each situtation?

how did you make it?
i think its not easy to finde an plane white wall ...
i think its easier in sunny SF than in rainy germany
;-(

r-)



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10059
Country: United States

rsrsrs wrote:
Hi Sebboh,
do you use only one reference picture for all,
or do you create a new one for each situtation?

how did you make it?
i think its not easy to finde an plane white wall ...
i think its easier in sunny SF than in rainy germany
;-(

r-)


clouds should actually help even things out. i just pointed the camera at the sky and put a kimwipe over the lens (kleanex should work as well) and took two shots at every aperture, one focused at infinity and one focused ~4 meters. i try to choose the correct focus distance and aperture for correction but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference in the shots where i don't remember the aperture.



rscheffler
Registered: Aug 23, 2005
Total Posts: 4753
Country: Canada

With Cornerfix I just made one profile for infinity and around f/8, so that at wider apertures the profile wouldn't wipe out too much of the natural vignetting. From my understanding, the color shift issue is more dependent on focus distance than aperture. At infinity, the rear lens element is the closest to the sensor and therefore the angle of incidence of light rays to the pixels along the edge will be the most oblique.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10059
Country: United States

rscheffler wrote:
With Cornerfix I just made one profile for infinity and around f/8, so that at wider apertures the profile wouldn't wipe out too much of the natural vignetting. From my understanding, the color shift issue is more dependent on focus distance than aperture. At infinity, the rear lens element is the closest to the sensor and therefore the angle of incidence of light rays to the pixels along the edge will be the most oblique.


i only correct the color shift with the lightroom plugin as i prefer to keep the vignetting. i thought the same was possible with cornerfix? focus distance is the biggest component, but aperture plays a role too as it also effects the angle of rays hitting the sensor.



rsrsrs
Registered: May 14, 2008
Total Posts: 751
Country: Germany

clouds should actually help even things out. i just pointed the camera at the sky and put a kimwipe over the lens (kleanex should work as well) and took two shots at every aperture, one focused at infinity and one focused ~4 meters. i try to choose the correct focus distance and aperture for correction but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference in the shots where i don't remember the aperture.

did work perfect.
1000 thx
reinhard



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10059
Country: United States

rsrsrs wrote:
clouds should actually help even things out. i just pointed the camera at the sky and put a kimwipe over the lens (kleanex should work as well) and took two shots at every aperture, one focused at infinity and one focused ~4 meters. i try to choose the correct focus distance and aperture for correction but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference in the shots where i don't remember the aperture.

did work perfect.
1000 thx
reinhard


great.



douglasf13
Registered: Apr 09, 2008
Total Posts: 5902
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:
rscheffler wrote:
With Cornerfix I just made one profile for infinity and around f/8, so that at wider apertures the profile wouldn't wipe out too much of the natural vignetting. From my understanding, the color shift issue is more dependent on focus distance than aperture. At infinity, the rear lens element is the closest to the sensor and therefore the angle of incidence of light rays to the pixels along the edge will be the most oblique.


i only correct the color shift with the lightroom plugin as i prefer to keep the vignetting. i thought the same was possible with cornerfix? focus distance is the biggest component, but aperture plays a role too as it also effects the angle of rays hitting the sensor.


Yeah, you can adjust the amount of both color correction and vignetting correction in Cornerfix.