OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.
/forum/topic/1163992/0

2       end

jared_irl
Total Posts: 232

I noticed this change this morning. It appears ALL of my 'pages' are being sent to a secondary feed, completely separate from the main feed, which now only contains individual's posts.

Looks like FB is really clamping down on pages visibility to individual users.

How are you guys going to work around this?

maxwell1295
Total Posts: 6394

I'm not getting that. Maybe because they haven't switched me over to the 'Page Feed" thing yet.

ZachOly
Total Posts: 560

I just do everything from my personal FB page now. It's easier and I don't have to worry about pay-for-views.

jared_irl

ZachOly wrote:
I just do everything from my personal FB page now. It's easier and I don't have to worry about pay-for-views.

yeah, i've been moving that way slowly but surely, but I feel like people probably get sick of me promoting myself all the time... Not sure if it's true or now, I just have a hangup about it...

joelconner
Total Posts: 3884

ZachOly wrote:

I might have to try this as well...up to now, I have tried to keep my personal page mostly biz free

joelconner
Total Posts: 3884

totally off subject...but that lens looks dead sexy.

Andrew Welsh
Total Posts: 4973

Main concern is how does this affect mobile FB viewing?

Otherwise, seems OK to me, people will check their "pages" in that category, if only for George Takei's posts

cordellwillis
Total Posts: 5080

Not this sh!t again...ANOTHER change I ABSOLUTELY HATE FB! Always have. Unfortunately everyone else loves it so I have to use it for business sake

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5940

cordellwillis wrote:
Unfortunately everyone else loves it so I have to use it for business sake

"Facebook"? What's that.

amonline
Total Posts: 6980

cordellwillis wrote:
Not this sh!t again...ANOTHER change I ABSOLUTELY HATE FB! Always have. Unfortunately everyone else loves it so I have to use it for business sake

Agreed. I wanna dump it so bad.

joshua grasso
Total Posts: 352

Went to do research on the topic. Foun d this article. Pretty interesting. You do have limited reach but not as bad as it sounds if you create interesting posts that people comment on

Fb NewsFeedArticle

Inga
Total Posts: 1135

D. Diggler wrote:
cordellwillis wrote:
Unfortunately everyone else loves it so I have to use it for business sake

"Facebook"? What's that.

+1

jared_irl

joshua grasso wrote:
Went to do research on the topic. Foun d this article. Pretty interesting. You do have limited reach but not as bad as it sounds if you create interesting posts that people comment on

Fb NewsFeedArticle

neat article, but it actually has nothing to do with what I posted.

on my facebook feed, NO pages are being populated in the main feed. they are ALL under this new 'pages' tab.

Quite literally, zero pages are shown on my main feed. If I want to see them, I have to actively click into another section. If i'm mindlessly just browsing around, i'll never click on that tab again. I'm sure i'm not the only one that doesn't pay attention to facebook enough to remember to click on multiple sections, and to click on them often enough to catch something interesting.

CRFTony
Total Posts: 828

Be careful with using your personal page to promote your business too much. Right now, FB is pretty lenient but now that they're trying to generate as much profit as possible, they could easily start deleting personal pages that violate the rule for promotion.

amonline
Total Posts: 6980

I call BS on that article. My subscribers and statistics would agree. The "fact" is I tried a test with a few friends that subscribe to my page. They confirmed they cannot see the posts in the feed. This was BEFORE the recent change. It's what led me to post a few weeks ago on how to add my page to their "interests". That seemed to help. Apparently, FB figured out pages were catching on, so they made ANOTHER change to combat it. It's getting a little ridiculous at this point.

joshua grasso

Re: OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble. I call BS on that article. My subscribers and statistics would agree. The "fact" is I tried a test with a few friends that subscribe to my page. They confirmed they cannot see the posts in the feed. This was BEFORE the recent change. It's what led me to post a few weeks ago on how to add my page to their "interests". That seemed to help. Apparently, FB figured out pages were catching on, so they made ANOTHER change to combat it. It's getting a little ridiculous at this point.

Thanks for the viewpoint. I would take your real life data more to heart since who know that could be a fanboy article...It just gave me some hope that I could still use FB lol. I don't have a large enough following yet to know for sure if my impact was lower for sure even though I agree it did seem to be reaching fewer people.

To be honest I could see fb trying things to get businesses to pay more. Their typical ads don't make them much money.

joshua grasso

Be careful with using your personal page to promote your business too much. Right now, FB is pretty lenient but now that they're trying to generate as much profit as possible, they could easily start deleting personal pages that violate the rule for promotion.

I actually think I remember reading somewhere that if you use your regular page as a business fb can delete your account. They probably want to preserve their efforts to profit off of business pages

ZachOly
Total Posts: 560

CRFTony wrote:

I upload one watermarked photo from a session to my wall and tag the B&G, I don't see how FB can ever monitor that

trenchmonkey
Total Posts: 35722

joelconner wrote:
totally off subject...but that lens looks dead sexy.

Agree, the new 120-300 f2.8 is a stunner too

Prettym1k3
Total Posts: 2160

I've said from the beginning that FB was only valuable because people said it was. When they went public, they needed to find a way to have actual, real-world value, and they quickly realized that perceived value and real value are different. Just like if I perceive I have money in my pocket, but I don't actually have money in my pocket, I have none. FB is facing the same thing.

They are directing all users to not see things that FB could be charging for. I predict that in the next 3-4 years, FB will be on the way out, and will be charging for everything except the most basic, bare-bones social networking.

2       end