Canon 15mm fisheye
/forum/topic/1163969/0

rprouty
Total Posts: 6837

I've been offered locally a Canon 15mm fisheye for $470.00..I have one and don't need it but hate to pass it up because I think that's a pretty good deal. Thoughts about this from anyone.

Rod

svassh
Total Posts: 663

Well I am waiting for delivery of one I purchased on the B&S boards for $550 all in. But if you have one is it worth the hassle to buy and resell for >$80 margin assuming paypal fees and shipping?

abqnmusa
Total Posts: 2085

get a copy of the "fisheye hemi" application for use with the 15mm fisheye
if removes distortion when you want to use the lens for people shots

kdlanejr
Total Posts: 432

Rod,

It's always nice to have a back up. Shouldn't go down in value. Seems like a good investment if you have the cash to spare.

harrygilbert
Total Posts: 745

The later versions of DPP can eliminate the majority of distortion, as can several other post-processing programs. Mine is tack sharp, and very useful in tight spaces.

burningheart
Total Posts: 2449

rprouty wrote:
I've been offered locally a Canon 15mm fisheye for $470.00..I have one and don't need it but hate to pass it up because I think that's a pretty good deal. Thoughts about this from anyone.

Rod

Sorry Rod, I just got a picture in my mind about lady fashion shoppers.

How many times have you heard or laughed at their impulse to buy yet another pair of shoes or hand bag that they may use once or never because it was a good deal.

Pause for a moment and ask yourself,

Will you use this?
Can you resll at a profit?
Is it better than your existing one?
Will the existing one fail soon?
Is there something else you are looking to buy?
Do you really need to buy it because it's such a good deal?

If you ask a lot of questions you'll know the answer. For myself if I have it in excellent condition then I don't need another.

scalesusa
Total Posts: 2382

That seems high to me. I have bought two locally, one $300 and one $350. I did have to spend $27 for a replacement cap for the $300 one, but it was perfect otherwise.

stevez32
Total Posts: 3013

I think that is about the going rate. If anyone wants one for that price I have one I'd be willing to part with.

svassh
Total Posts: 663

I have to say I got a chance to play with mine this weekend and it is a spectacular little lens. Unbelievable how sharp it is, reminds me of the 100L, almost.