Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.
/forum/topic/1163483/0

2       3       4       5       end

WNStudio
Total Posts: 1153

Wedding Photography Boot Camp with Sal Cincotta is going on right now. All I can say for now- he is a good speaker. I hope this one is gonna be a good one on CL. Enjoy.

ShaneMD
Total Posts: 910

yeah, I'm home sick and enjoying the timing of it. He seems to be pretty decent at helping people figure their business out

DavidCZ
Total Posts: 1046

My first thought was that it is on Craigslist now

WNStudio

Yep, I should write CreativeLive instead of CL
Already fixed. Don't look for it on Craiglist no more

StephanieTo
Total Posts: 52

So far so good, today will be a lot more specific and a lot more meat. Looking forward to it.

I caught the beginning of what he said that he has his own preferred vendor list, but then I had to leave the room for a second (client call), what did he say about that?

ZachOly
Total Posts: 462

Better than the Zach and Jody one?

DmitriM
Total Posts: 1987

Name Sal Sincotta just makes me want to puke...
The guy is a spammer with no respect for fellow photographers. Driven by money and profit only. Unless you are desperate or don't know anything about photography -just avoid this individual

WNStudio

Dmitri- have hou had some negative experience with him? This is the first time I hear about this guy and all today bridal show thing was rather interesting for me. And as for selling- they all try to sell something, but he is at least sharing his knowledge and experience - not like Zach and Jody(or they didn't have that much experience- ok maybe with making a decent cofee) .
And take it as it is- it's FREE- it really means much to someone who can not spent $$$ for online workshops.

StephanieTo
Total Posts: 52

Didn't watch the Zach & Jody one so can't compare.

I thought his booth looked a little overcrowded and low end for what he charges (e.g. his contest sign with a filmsy piece of paper and some horrible font?) but maybe that was just the quick-CL version. However he does it it's obviously it's working for him.

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5850

WNStudio wrote:
they didn't have that much experience- ok maybe with making a decent cofee

Did he do the coffee thing again?!? What a waste of the viewer's time.

DmitriM
Total Posts: 1987

WNStudio wrote:
Dmitri- have hou had some negative experience with him? This is the first time I hear about this guy and all today bridal show thing was rather interesting for me. And as for selling- they all try to sell something, but he is at least sharing his knowledge and experience - not like Zach and Jody(or they didn't have that much experience- ok maybe with making a decent cofee) .
And take it as it is- it's FREE- it really means much to someone who can not spent $$$ for online workshops.

He has an attitude of a shitty car salesman. I can bet money he was saying something along these lines " do what I tell you to do if you want to succeed -it's the only way". He's got a huge ego.

I don't know him and never seen him,yet I have no respect for him at all.

Inga
Total Posts: 1119

He comes across somewhat pushy and pretty self-assured. Sounds like he's been doing it for about 4-5 years, and claims to shoot from 10am-7pm 5 days a week, weather and light permitting, for about 5-6 months of the year.

From the bits that I've caught, he hasn't tried to flog a single product or sponsor...

He (his studio) seem to be very good at selling. That stuff is still coming up in the next few days.

His images that he's taking during the shoots so far have been quite nice. A lot better than some of the photographers that they have on there...

As WNStudio said, it's free, so I'll keep watching as time permits. If I learn something new, great. If I learn what I don't want to do, great. Surely there will be some take-aways, positive or otherwise.

joelconner
Total Posts: 3869

His studio is about 10 miles away from mine...I have lost more weddings directly to him than any other studio, actually. I am not going to get into a conversation about him or his photographic skill or technique or anything like that, but I will say that he is very good at his sales-based interpersonal style. He shoots a ton, almost everyone around here does know his name (not always in a positive way, though). He is extremely successful financially, so I give him credit for that. His style of photography (editing, specifically) is not one I usually like, but...brides love it, and his very trendy, stylish presentation of both himself and his work resonates with a lot of people.

Inga
Total Posts: 1119

Wow that sucks for you Joel. It's a real shame that his "success" in the business is directly effecting you in such a negative way. I guess that's not something that most people are faced with. It's usually the faceless competition, or substandard offerings the cause photographers to lose business. I know the quality of your work, and doubt that would ever lose you a client. I guess if his clients are happy (after all is said and done and they have their photos and are significantly lighter in the back-pocket), then he's done his job...but if he was also known as a nice guy, that would be even better.

ChadAndreo
Total Posts: 110

All other things aside, one thing I can tell about him is that he is a really good businessman.

ZachOly

I watched a bit of it yesterday, and it was ok. He's very much a "I'm always right, my way is the best way" type of guy. I don't get much out of watching people shoot though.

Side note: I don't think Sue likes him haha

TheGE
Total Posts: 968

I'm surprised at how he's actually off on most things and/or missing a lot, and yet the small part of what he does that's on mark is sufficient to do the amount of business it does.

ZachOly

TheGE wrote:
I'm surprised at how he's actually off on most things and/or missing a lot, and yet the small part of what he does that's on mark is sufficient to do the amount of business it does.

hmm?

joelconner
Total Posts: 3869

TheGE wrote:

Would love to know where you think he is missing it

mineymole
Total Posts: 3856

I've been watching here and there all week and thing there are some nuggets of gold to be found. Yes - he is dogmatic - but he does have some very good ideas about the business stuff.

2       3       4       5       end