"Old School" - Edited
/forum/topic/1163405/0

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5150

Thinking about entering the monthly assignment, "old technology"... Would love to hear your opinions and suggestions... Thanks, Jim
Image 2 I raised the frame to reduce shadows... Is there too much "Red" in the wood-grain on the camera?? Thanks Jim

sbeme
Total Posts: 17442

That's really cool, Jim.
Subject is a good choice and I like the underlying label. The frame is a good choice as well. Cant tell how much is subject, how much is processing, but its got that 50's look, so it all hangs together.
Tweak: Just beneath the handle the frame is discolored and shadowed. I'd fix that.
Not sure what is going on along the edges with lines of gray shadow. I cant quite make sense of them in terms of vignette or lighting effects.

Scott

oldrattler

sbeme wrote:
That's really cool, Jim.
Subject is a good choice and I like the underlying label. The frame is a good choice as well. Cant tell how much is subject, how much is processing, but its got that 50's look, so it all hangs together.
Tweak: Just beneath the handle the frame is discolored and shadowed. I'd fix that.
Not sure what is going on along the edges with lines of gray shadow. I cant quite make sense of them in terms of vignette or lighting effects.

Scott

There was a minimum of PP... The light was all natural... Image right light was a large window with a Silk / satiny type curtain... Image top lighting was a large window with wood slat horizontal blinds... The convergence of the two produced these unwelcome shadows... I shoot this with a Zeiss 35 F2... This was my first attempt at using it so possibly it added to the appearance... Thank you for the suggestions... Jim

RustyBug
Total Posts: 13031

I would like to see a bit more negative space between the subject & frame. Maybe you could have the frame in a different plane from the subject (i.e. on blocks, etc.) to generate a bit of a gap. Might also give you some latitude at shadow management options.

Diggin' the concept.

oldrattler

RustyBug wrote:
I would like to see a bit more negative space between the subject & frame. Maybe you could have the frame in a different plane from the subject (i.e. on blocks, etc.) to generate a bit of a gap. Might also give you some latitude at shadow management options.

Diggin' the concept.

Thanks kent... I will try for more separation... Jim