Diversion...
/forum/topic/1163132/0

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 5796

My assistant, his mother and I visited the microcar museum in Madison, GA yesterday.

Lots to see, some reminders of my pre-teen years spent in living in Germany, mid 50's.

Thought I'd share the images as items of curiosity. Sadly, the museum is listed as being up for auction, all contents and structures, no reserve, sometime in February.

Anyone nearby, worth the drive and $5.00 entry fee. 21/4 miles off I20 (south exit 114), Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum. Open Fri & Sat, 10-4pm. About 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta, depending on construction and traffic of course.

Enjoy,

Bob

ben egbert
Total Posts: 5465

I remember these cars as I was a teen in the 50's. Nice images of some very nicely restored cars.

RustyBug
Total Posts: 11975

The Rollera reminds me of a torpedo or a one man submersible. Does it even have enough wheels to be called a "car"? Kinda makes me think of a something that could go from land to sea like a kayak on wheels.

Interesting to say the least. BTW ... how many megapixels is your assistant shooting with?

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 5796

Ben & Kent,

Thanks for your comments - some other images posted on BWVision if you are interested.

One more set I'll put up later this week...

Interesting place, sad to know it is being dismantled, in a manner of speaking.

Regards,

Bob