And I'm Still Waiting!!
/forum/topic/1163131/0

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1516

Not a comment but proposed title. I don't normally do street photography but saw this chap at St Pancras Station, London earlier this year and thought it looked better in B&W C&C appreciated
Niall

RustyBug
Total Posts: 11962

Much goodness here.

Lots of lines (might need a touch of help to straighten verticals) and repetition, a variety of tonal values and a message that is very deliverable. Can't ask for a whole lot more. Nice job.

Processing is going to be a matter of taste & style. I might consider a bit of a crop to take out the bright reflections @ top of frame that competes/draws away from the subject. Took a stab at straighten/crop for perspective / illustration.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1516

Thanks, definitely improves it
Niall

sbeme
Total Posts: 16718

Nice work Niall.
A worthy scene with great lines, diagonals and the subject is well-positioned to continue to make a statement in the frame and how he is looking into the scene.
Excellent choice for BW and the conversion looks very good.
Scott

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 5765

Wonderful image, lines etc. as Kent and Scott note. I enjoy the evocative aspect: exactly what is he waiting for? Why is he waiting, etc.?

A variation re-work...I tried, with little success, to recover detail from blocked up highlights. I think the ultimate result is a slight darkening, still lacking detail. Anyway, some sharpening, straightening, crop, touch of tone...and slight mid-tone contrast bump at end.

Again, great image Niall, thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Bob

sbeme
Total Posts: 16718

I think this needs the deeper shadows.
Scott