Crack
/forum/topic/1162762/0

M.P.R.
Total Posts: 199

Its that time of year again to go out and get some crack. Just in case you can't go out and get some, I figured I would share mine with you. I'm going to try and do things a little bit different than most and start from the beginning.

Hope you enjoy.

Frank

Some good swirl action.

Have many, but wound up liking the landscape version best.

philtax
Total Posts: 2879

These are indeed addictive. I love the shiny surfaces in the last one. No one seems to mind the symmetry of this kind of shot. I'm also crazy about #3 although I'd be tempted to crop out the green corner. The color and transitions are very cool.

Phil

JimFox
Total Posts: 36545

Hey Frank,

Nice work here. I have similar shots of #1, and I like how you captured it. Though in hindsight, I would have suggested that you wet that bit of rock that is dry. Small dry spots always stick out from the glistening wet areas, so I try to wet them if possible. And yeah, I really like your crack in #4, it's a super shot!

Jim

bshamilton
Total Posts: 34895

Very nice! The reds and yellows work beautifully.

Barry

M.P.R.
Total Posts: 199

Thanks for the comments.

Didn't even think to wet down the dry spots, I usually try to capture nature as is. Suppose they could be a little distracting to some.

Funny thing is I actually removed some leafs the guy before me lined up/arranged in a very fake way to get his shots.

Frank

Here is one more.