Just received Roundflash today.
/forum/topic/1162294/0

2       3       end

mshi
Total Posts: 3584

ordered one from Poland and it took nearly two weeks to get it. got it today, and really happy with the results.

http://youtu.be/UzmuwXH33oY

my test shot:

photogreen
Total Posts: 186

congrats! it's pretty awesome. i've go one, too

BrianO
Total Posts: 8552

Good heavens, where have I been? This is new to me.

It looks good; glad I held off on getting an Orbis or Ray Flash.

photogreen

BrianO wrote:
Good heavens, where have I been? This is new to me.

It looks good; glad I held off on getting an Orbis or Ray Flash.

yeah, man! i posted my review back in February, and they had 2 new versions released since then. the new magnetic one is AWESOME!

RoundFlash review

BrianO

photogreen wrote: yeah, man! i posted my review back in February, and they had 2 new versions released since then. the new magnetic one is AWESOME!

Well... My birthday is coming up in three weeks: I think I know what I'm going to give myself.

photogreen

BrianO wrote:
photogreen wrote: yeah, man! i posted my review back in February, and they had 2 new versions released since then. the new magnetic one is AWESOME!

Well... My birthday is coming up in three weeks: I think I know what I'm going to give myself.

HaPpY bIrThDaY Brian!!

ether1
Total Posts: 187

I know where the company is.... I used to live not far from that place though they were not there back in the 90s.

well.... maybe I will pick one up next time I visit my hometown.

photogreen

ether1 wrote:
I know where the company is.... I used to live not far from that place though they were not there back in the 90s.

well.... maybe I will pick one up next time I visit my hometown.

that's way cool! i've never been to Poland

Dustoff06
Total Posts: 206

I wonder how effective this ring flash would be for any macro work, whereas the traditional ring light would be tighter to the lens and subject? Regardless, seems pretty cool for any portrait work.

BigIronCruiser
Total Posts: 779

Has anyone one of these with a D4/D800 and SB-900? It appears that it may not work, as the lens axis to top of the flash on my D800 is about 8.5", while the literature on the website shows a max of 8.3".

DanBrown
Total Posts: 3143

Well, I ordered one of these and received an email that it shipped yesterday. Now we'll see how long it takes to arrive.

BrianO

On November 01, 2012 BrianO wrote: ...My birthday is coming up in three weeks: I think I know what I'm going to give myself.

I tried to buy one, but the site kept saying "Unable to process card. Please try a different card."

I think it's because it goes through PayPal, and several years ago PayPal said they were locking my account because of an expired card, and the customer service rep couldn't understand that I had a new card with the same account number. Or something like that. I can't recall the exact details except that I've refused to use PayPal-only order systems since then, but that appears to be the only option with this company.

I guess it's back to Orbis.

BrianO

BigIronCruiser wrote: ...the lens axis to top of the flash on my D800 is about 8.5", while the literature on the website shows a max of 8.3".

The thing looks flexible enough (being fabric and bungee cord) that 0.2-inch probably won't be a practical limiter.

swoop
Total Posts: 1491

Nifty. Been looking for a ringflash. And so far this seems to be the most affordable adapter solution.

DigMeTX
Total Posts: 1552

Yeah, this caught my interest as well. The portability is a big plus for me.

brad

shmn
Total Posts: 349

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered one. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

cordellwillis
Total Posts: 5080

BrianO wrote:
On November 01, 2012 BrianO wrote: ...My birthday is coming up in three weeks: I think I know what I'm going to give myself.

I tried to buy one, but the site kept saying "Unable to process card. Please try a different card."

I think it's because it goes through PayPal, and several years ago PayPal said they were locking my account because of an expired card, and the customer service rep couldn't understand that I had a new card with the same account number. Or something like that. I can't recall the exact details except that I've refused to use PayPal-only order systems since then, but that appears to be the only option with this company.

I guess it's back to Orbis.

But you can always use a different email address and CC#. This is for those who do not have, nor want a PayPal account.

jzucker
Total Posts: 2527

in for the discussion subscription.

BrianO

cordellwillis wrote: But you can always use a different email address and CC#. This is for those who do not have, nor want a PayPal account.

I have another e-mail address, but I don't have -- nor want -- another debit card. I prefer cash, anyway, but use a debit card when I must.

DanBrown
Total Posts: 3143

I've been using the tracking information I received after ordering the ringflash. It arrived in Warsaw, and Google Translate renders the info message as "sending a shipment of Polish." I may need to go to the grocery store, if there's a lot of them.

2       3       end