Gentle Frosting
/forum/topic/1162197/0

Milan Hutera
Total Posts: 3446

This moring I went to capture some fall foliage, however, the scene I had in mind turned out to be "sub standard" (in other words, my visualization was better than the actual scene). However, I came across this intimate scene of frozen leaves in the grass and it turned out to be quite nice. It's not anything grand so I suspect it won't generate any comments at all, but hopefully some of you will enjoy it. This is my first photo processed in Lightroom 4.1 I purchased last week. The RAW converting capabilities are awesome. The rest - not so much. I much prefer the bridge workflow, however, LR is 5 times cheaper than Photoshop, so the wallet made the ultimate purchasing decision.

Tech: Canon 1D IV, Canon 24-70L, f11, CPL, processed in Lightroom 4.1 (I deliberately went for colder rendition, since the scene was in the shadows)

See it on my website: http://milanhutera.com/?portfolio=gentle-frosting

douter
Total Posts: 11019

Nice subtlety Milan! I might crop in closer to the three-leaf clusters.
Douglas

wbrad
Total Posts: 2018

Great clarity in this shot, Milan.
I don't really agree on the crop, I think the surrounding grasses have a certain chaotic flow which really makes the shot.

Wayne

Milan Hutera
Total Posts: 3446

Douglas, Wayne - thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the photo.

Douglas - I actually have a close up of the leaves, however, when I took it the frost was completly gone so I didn't even bother to process it.