B&H expects to be open by Wednesday October 31
/forum/topic/1161893/0

graham_martin
Total Posts: 1356

Not that this is on top of most people's priority list but B&H has posted on their website:

Please take note: Due to Hurricane Sandy the carriers are not operating today, you might expect a short delay in receiving your order. By tomorrow October 31, everything should be back to normal.

Adorama doesn't have any statement regarding Sandy.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 7172

I got an email to this effect yesterday. My order was showing as pending and at the warehouse. Today I got my ship email saying it had shipped and had a tracking number. With a new arrival time a day later than expected.

But UPS does not recognize the tracking order. I expect they are under a lot of pressure as backed up orders arrive.

I want my lens, but I fully understand the chaos of such natural disasters and will wait patiently.

borderlight
Total Posts: 1753

Adorama doesn't have any statement regarding Sandy.

Wait, what? I heard that Helen said that you can pick up your equipment by canoe, or jet ski (please, no wakes) if you are in dire need of ordered equipment. Then it's just a matter of swimming upstream to the 2nd floor for the dry stuff.

BenV
Total Posts: 8161

So much wrong in this post its not even funny.

DanBrown
Total Posts: 3148

BenV wrote:
So much wrong in this post

As well as a lot of other posts!

borderlight
Total Posts: 1753

Always look on the bright side of life.

graham_martin

What's so wrong with this post? It simply provided information.

ben egbert

Not sensitive enough I suppose.

When the 1971 Sylmar earthquake caused severe property damage to my home, I did not expect East Coasters to stop their lives while I cleaned up.

I can wait for my lens, but I am not disinterested. I will leave Sunday for perhaps a last visit to Zion, I would like to take it along.

Anyway, B&H shows it shipped has a tracking number and UPS now say they have it in the system but thats as far as it goes. I paid for next day, which would have been today. Looks like Friday will be close and maybe not until Saturday.

tanglefoot47
Total Posts: 14843

Just maybe Adorama was hit harder after all they are in NJ and trheir phones are still dead give me a break

tanglefoot47
Total Posts: 14843

by the way I got an email from ad saying my item was shipped

graham_martin

I received my shipment from B&H today. I placed the order last Thursday and they shipped on Friday just ahead of the storm.

ben egbert

I am impressed, says my order is out for delivery. Thats a great recovery. My hats off to those who must have been working under extreme pressure.

henryp
Total Posts: 1889

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Just maybe Adorama was hit harder after all they are in NJ and trheir phones are still dead give me a break

For the record, Adorama's warehouse and shipping department are in NJ but their retail store and offices are in Manhattan in a neighborhood which was without electricity for several days longer than our neighborhood.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video