Annual Report Pricing
/forum/topic/1160908/0

brycekauai
Total Posts: 26

So I have been emailed by a large real estate development company to do some shots for there annual report. I will not be shooting the whole thing, just 3 shots that are on the island I live on(they are based on another island).

Shots -
Panoramic of a row of homes
President interacting with a construction worker
Road leading into Development

Rights - Exclusive Rights - There words were - Ownership rights

They also asked for a Breakout Price? I haven't heard this term used before so any ideas would be helpful. I do a lot of work for one of there properties so I want to give them a fair quote. I'm thinking this will take one day of shooting. My day rate starts at $1500. Thoughts?

Ed Swift
Total Posts: 1704

Sounds like a nice little job. I just searched break out price and get the results about stock prices; "the price at which a stock breaks above a level of resistance". Makes me think they are referring to your minimum price to be happy with their exclusive/ownership criteria.

Might bee wrong though.

sorpa
Total Posts: 315

What does it mean `` Ownership rights``?

borderlight
Total Posts: 1746

There are ASMP guides and links for questions like this. It helps to know ballpark prices for this type of assignment. A one time investment for accurate pricing will help you now as well as for the future.

http://asmp.org/links/32#.UIv3sbTd65Q

BTW: You most likely won't be using the pictures you described for any personal sales. This might ease your mind on "all rights" request. In fact, it really sounds like it should be priced as day/half-day rate, or a assignment fee. Always think about how your decision here will affect your price for possible future assignments with them.