Off Topic: Ice Hockey Seating
/forum/topic/1160706/0

Ed Swift
Total Posts: 1696

Hi All,

Looking for advice for best seats for a couple of first timers at ice Hockey.

I'm not sure we get the pick of all the seats as it's a prepaid deal, but from the plan below where would i be best heading for?

A google suggests about 4-9 rows back and near a corner to watch the game with out needing to look back and forth all the time.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

borderlight
Total Posts: 1746

The optimal place IMO is 4-9 rows back at center ice, above the players/coaches box (yellow). Hockey is not to be compared to a tennis match. Players will establish themselves for at least 15-30 seconds in one zone or the other. On power plays a team will take usually a minute or so if they can contain the puck in the opponents zone. I've been in the corner, as Google suggests, enough times to know that you will lose interest faster than being seated at center ice. You will be checking out the TV monitor more than looking at the live game. Of course the NHL players are locked out so you won't be going to a pro game anytime soon unless you have tickets for next year.... who knows when it end.

Ed Swift

Thanks for the advice, this is a match in the UK so I doubt will be anywhere near as exciting/good as over there but it's as good as it gets for now.

Ed Swift

well i couldn't pick seats, but got allocated block 3 c12 & 13 which is top centre block about 2-3 seats left of centre line.