"EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?
/forum/topic/1160471/0

yellowducky
Total Posts: 1090

Hi all,

Was going to submit a photo for the monthly. Got the size right but get this notification

"EXIF data was expected in the image."

Ok, uh, when I exported the jpg from LR I had nothing checked to 'not' add this info. I have tried bbcode links which give me this, html links give me 'cannot upload' etc. I tried a different photo host site and got 'can't submit more than 2' or something like that (when I don't even see one up, let alone a second).

I am not going to win, but want to be in just for any comments. That said, its proving harder than taking the picture was! Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I tried using imgur and imageshack both to no avail.

thanks and regards

jcolwell
Total Posts: 19062

Did you use "Save for web..."? In Photoshop (at least) that does not include EXIF data in the file. The normal "Save" and "Save as" operations do include EXIF data.

yellowducky

Nope, color space, sharpening, resizing, metadata (all selected) - thats about it really. I gather I WANT the exif which I believe I should be providing in the file but dunno, if I have two photo providers and both pull the same warning I am not sure what else I am missing. I have only entered a monthly once before so can't recall what if anything was different other than it being LR3 at the time (now I am LR4).

pokemanyz
Total Posts: 529

Try opening in Photoshop then saving for web from there and make sure "All" is selected in metadata.

yellowducky

Tried Photoshop CS3 (what I have). Nope. Tried another computer, nope. Tried multiple upload services, nope. Stupid FR keeps saying 'Exif data was expected in image'. Looks like no entries for me. Its great to be all automated and such but not being able to get a photo inlined to a forum post, come on. I give up. I have spent more time trying to upload x20 than I did taking it and editing it.