A few recent portraits.
/forum/topic/1158258/0

silvawispa
Total Posts: 693

Since I've been commenting on a few other peoples portraits, I guess I'd better put a couple of mine up!
A little bit of a mix here, some straight, some twisted.
See if you can spot the selfy.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 6545

I like all but 4 which is too abstract for my taste. I like that the poses seem natural and the images in color. I have no idea why B&W is chosen when color is possible.

I like the image quality which counts very high for me.

You are 4. (sorry I started with 5 but never know if the number is at above or below.)

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6308

Nice work Paul, I'll opt for #3.

Bob

RustyBug
Total Posts: 12963

Diggin' #1

I like the way it presents a "dark" girl with some beautiful lighting ... leaving me to find her with more beauty than darkness.

I'm guessing #5 for the selfy.

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6778

Quick comments, cuz I've got to run. Love the light and costuming of the first. Like the treatment of the second. LOVE the third. The portraits are well lit, if statically posed. The first begs for an old masters pose and hue bump:

silvawispa
Total Posts: 693

Cheers Ben, the abstract is only tinted in Post. The shapes are what the camera saw.
I was having fun with lenses and reflective material

Ta Bob!

I like your description Rusty. and thanks. I think

Aunti, I need to thank you. Again. That rework really adds so much more to the image. I think a judicious bit of puppet warp could be called for just to get the pose a little more natural.

Also if you have a moment to point me in the direction of more dynamic posing resources, I'd be grateful

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6778

There are countless posing guides, most of them with some useful info and very many of them that aren't very useful. I've never made an effort to study posing. What I know I learned on the job from old time photographers and figured out on my own. Googling the subject will turn up an enormous number of hits, a few with actual good advice. Unfortunately, I haven't found one that impresses me.

pinball_pw
Total Posts: 2450

Love Karen's rework on the first one. Hands down my favorite. I thought your background selection in all of these is very good from a color/tone perspective. - Paul