Draft mare on the run. . .
/forum/topic/1157631/0

Dennis M 1064
Total Posts: 420

If she seems big as a bus, that is because she is a little bit pregnant. She can still move though!

douter
Total Posts: 10944

Nice capture. I think cropping off the right hand side would strengthen this.
Douglas

Dennis M 1064

You don't think that would tend to center her?

Thanks for the comment.

D

strawbearlyjam
Total Posts: 22

Love this very much. The dust behind her really makes the shot.

Dennis M 1064

Thanks, she does kick up some dust! She is about 1600 pounds+. So, she makes the ground shake as well.

I notice that when I post online, the images change a little. Increase in vignetting, decrease in toning, and I have seen in other shots the sharpening is a little strong. My export setting calls for sharpen for web at a medium setting. I could turn that down, but, it looks like you have to do a lot for the rest of the image. Not sure how to account for that ahead of time. The corner vignetting is a bit annoying, as it is mild on my full desktop image. Meh, C'est la vie I guess. I'm very glad you Love it as it is.

KCollett
Total Posts: 22575

Lovely treatment. Good looking shot.

Dennis M 1064

Thank you KCollett.

birdied
Total Posts: 22767

Wonderful shot. Like the toning you chose on this shot, very nice. She looks like she is running to greet you !

Birdie

Dennis M 1064

Thanks Birdie.

When she lived here with me, I could call her, my American Belgian and my Warmblood in from the pasture and they would race to the barn. The next door neighbor said they could feel it in the ground when they were out in their yard. That was always my favorite time of day.