ultimate NAS!
/forum/topic/1156681/0

1
       2       end

DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

This unfortunately is not mine....but never the less, it's freaking awesome!

It's the Canadian Press refreshing their gear!



EB-1
Registered: Jan 09, 2003
Total Posts: 22293
Country: United States

Significant, but not exactly ultimate. The taking lens sure has a lot of pincushion distortion.

EBH



DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

Hey, I'd shoot this over a brick wall any day! !
Probably shot with a cell phone camera...



rexx714
Registered: Apr 26, 2010
Total Posts: 207
Country: United States

WoW! Still no D800E, does not matter?



rexx714
Registered: Apr 26, 2010
Total Posts: 207
Country: United States

WoW! Still no D800E, does not matter..



irish-george
Registered: Dec 15, 2005
Total Posts: 523
Country: United States

Can't quite figure out what is in the thin boxes with the black band at the top (not the SB-910 boxes)...



ytwong
Registered: Dec 29, 2003
Total Posts: 1515
Country: China

irish-george wrote:
Can't quite figure out what is in the thin boxes with the black band at the top (not the SB-910 boxes)...

WT-5 , WiFi for D4.



Matt OHarver
Registered: Sep 18, 2006
Total Posts: 4001
Country: United States

I think the top boxes are grips for the D800's


Matt


Why are they buying 17-35 lenses though?



BenV
Registered: Jan 01, 2008
Total Posts: 7833
Country: United States

Don't think this counts as its a retailer, not a personal collection. A while ago there was a thread of peoples personal camera gear. Now that was impressive.



DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

@ Ben, it's NOT a retailer.
It's an end user although it's a company.



trenchmonkey
Registered: Oct 22, 2004
Total Posts: 35130
Country: United States

Why are they buying 17-35 lenses though?
You must not have ever had a good copy, Matt. The center sharpness (FX)
is insane and is the best wide AF zoom for PJ work. They'll bury me w/mine.



DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

trenchmonkey wrote:
Why are they buying 17-35 lenses though?
You must not have ever had a good copy, Matt. The center sharpness (FX)
is insane and is the best wide AF zoom for PJ work. They'll bury me w/mine.


+1!
I love my 17-35 as well.
It's my go to lens at a wedding reception.
The 14-24 is too wide for me.



trenchmonkey
Registered: Oct 22, 2004
Total Posts: 35130
Country: United States

True dat It even bests the 14-24 from 17>24mm at f4. The 16-35 isn't even in the conversation.



SAng
Registered: Apr 27, 2008
Total Posts: 493
Country: Canada

They sure use a lot of converters, the 2x even.

Wonder what those ones are, that the D4s and D800s are sitting on?



NathanHamler
Registered: Sep 25, 2009
Total Posts: 2284
Country: United States

Anyone total up the value here?? :-)

my rough estimate after adding up just the D4, D800, 24-70's, 70-200's, and (approximate cost of) 17-35's is about $160k, not counting the other stuff....so prob closer to $200k....



DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

SAng wrote:
They sure use a lot of converters, the 2x even.

Wonder what those ones are, that the D4s and D800s are sitting on?


They are the 300mm F2.8G VRII!



DABNIK
Registered: Jun 30, 2009
Total Posts: 541
Country: Canada

trenchmonkey wrote:
Why are they buying 17-35 lenses though?
You must not have ever had a good copy, Matt. The center sharpness (FX)
is insane and is the best wide AF zoom for PJ work. They'll bury me w/mine.



TM - pls have your family e-mail me where the burial site is



DavidM5
Registered: Jan 19, 2007
Total Posts: 507
Country: Canada

NathanHamler wrote:
Anyone total up the value here?? :-)

my rough estimate after adding up just the D4, D800, 24-70's, 70-200's, and (approximate cost of) 17-35's is about $160k, not counting the other stuff....so prob closer to $200k....


Given that the 7 boxes under the D4s are the 300mm F2.8G VRII at $6K each, I would venture to say yes, it's closer to $200K!
I wonder how much of a discount they got!
I would have loved to be in the salesman / rep's shoes when the order was approved!



ct8282
Registered: Nov 25, 2011
Total Posts: 2198
Country: United Kingdom

Well based on my experience there's 6 D800's with focus problems there



NathanHamler
Registered: Sep 25, 2009
Total Posts: 2284
Country: United States

ct8282 wrote:
Well based on my experience there's 6 D800's with focus problems there


No worries...little known fact: canadian journalists always compose to the right, never the left..... :-)



1
       2       end