VSCO Keys
/forum/topic/1156085/0

2       3       end

joelconner
Total Posts: 3884

http://visualsupply.co/vscokeys

Alternative to motibodo, etc. Might be good for Mac users who have not been able to enjoy the glories of Paddy.

canerino
Total Posts: 10797

So smart

Tony Hoffer
Total Posts: 8916

I've started testing... I love the concept. We'll see how it works.

TAGfan
Total Posts: 1602

Seems like a good idea for quick tough ups on the go as you edit.

GraemePitman
Total Posts: 878

Nothing says 'classic film presets' like dubstep.

mikethevilla
Total Posts: 2594

These people really enjoy taking my money. I'll definitely be watching this carefully.

Come here little trial!

ckhagen
Total Posts: 2156

Just downloaded it. I've got a few sessions to edit this week...

sboerup
Total Posts: 9787

I tried it. For me, the temperature adjustment is REALLY slow...like it takes more than 1s to apply. The exposure one seems quick. Cool idea though, love that its customizable.

ckhagen
Total Posts: 2156

If its slow on your machine, I'm screwed. Ha!

bertpalmer
Total Posts: 66

I don't know if you guys have heard of Paddy?

It's pretty much the same thing. Only it's free (PC only atm.)

https://sites.google.com/site/dorfl68/

Worth checking out maybe.

awad
Total Posts: 422

anyone figure a way to add a shortcut to apply previous settings?

larhouser
Total Posts: 261

@Bertpalmer
Have you used paddy? Looks cool, love the idea of using a MIDI controller to edit my images!! Of course I have a few controllers already so finding a new way to use them has me pretty stoked.

bertpalmer
Total Posts: 66

I actually haven't used it as I'm Mac - but I know a LOT of people who do and they think it's the shiz.

Just thought I'd put it out there, as from what I've heard it's a bit of a hidden Lightroom secret.

Also, It kind of made me laugh that VSCO said it's cheaper than all it's competitors...

There is this program for quick keys on Mac which is pretty cheap though - http://startly.com

Tony Hoffer
Total Posts: 8916

It's a cool idea for sure, but it's been way too slow for me and is missing some features I'd like.

SevenEleven
Total Posts: 92

I was excited to see this come out, mainly because I've done something very similar on my own using the free scripting tool AutoHotKey. I've had some issues with mine not being as responsive as I would like, hate hearing that VSCO Keys might have the same issue.

Would be nice if Adobe would build this functionality into LR itself...

Prettym1k3
Total Posts: 2159

I have a wedding in a week, but as of right now I'm entirely caught up. I plan to give it a go and see what happens.

awad

Tony Hoffer wrote:
It's a cool idea for sure, but it's been way too slow for me and is missing some features I'd like.

I agree. The lag is making this completely pointless. The ability to set your own custom keyboard shortcuts is missing as well. Maybe they'll add that one day.

canerino
Total Posts: 10797

awad wrote:
Tony Hoffer wrote:

I agree. The lag is making this completely pointless. The ability to set your own custom keyboard shortcuts is missing as well. Maybe they'll add that one day.

the lack of responsiveness is a bummer for sure. but what do you mean that you cannot set your own custom keyboard shortcuts? i watched their 'overview' and it seems like you can do this through their web application? am i missing something?

awad

canerino wrote:
awad wrote:
Tony Hoffer wrote:

the lack of responsiveness is a bummer for sure. but what do you mean that you cannot set your own custom keyboard shortcuts? i watched their 'overview' and it seems like you can do this through their web application? am i missing something?

you can only set keys to the options that they choose. my biggest time saver is the application of the "paste settings from previous" which isn't on their list to choose from. it's normally apple+option+V. But I didn't see a way to set that in the layout editor.

manchesterroya
Total Posts: 24

bertpalmer wrote:
I don't know if you guys have heard of Paddy?

It's pretty much the same thing. Only it's free (PC only atm.)

https://sites.google.com/site/dorfl68/

Worth checking out maybe.

WOW....certainly worth checking out.....amazing. Certainly is a hidden lightroom secret! Thanks for heads up. For all those on PC check it out before purchasing VSCO.

2       3       end